Coordinator 1 – QAQC HE Workshop at Geita Gold Mining Ltd
- Company: Geita Gold Mining Ltd
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Geita
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Tanzania - Geita Gold Mining Ltd Jobs in Tanzania
ABOUT GEITA GOLD MINING LTD
Geita Gold Mining Ltd (GGML) is Tanzania’s leading gold producer with a single operation in Geita Region. The company is a subsidiary of AngloGold Ashanti, an international gold producer headquartered in South Africa, with operations in more than ten countries, in four continents. The mine is situated in the Lake Victoria Gold fields of Northwestern Tanzania, only about 85 km’s from Mwanza City and 20 km’s Southeast of the nearest point of Lake Victoria. The company has its head office in Geita, only 5 Km’s west of the fast-growing town of Geita, and also a supporting office in Dar es Salaam. Applications are invited from ambitious, energetic and performance driven individuals to fill in vacant position(s) mentioned below:
Position: Coordinator 1 – QAQC HE Workshop.
Contract type & Duration: Unspecified time contract
Re Reporting to: Specialist 1 Quality maintenance
Number of Positions: One (1)
PURPOSE OF THE ROLE
Purpose of the role is to enhance the performance of our machines and the team at large. To ensure that members of the Engineering team are accountable for the delivery of the planned performance of the department with zero injuries and with best output. To specify the requirements for safely, correctly and efficiently of the planned work.
Minimum of Certificate of Secondary Education Examination (CSEE) with the following additional qualifications:
- Degree or Advanced Diploma in Mechanical or Automotive Engineering or its equivalent from a recognized Institute or College of Higher Learning.
- Diploma in Mechanical or Automotive Engineering
- Full Technician Certificate (FTC) in Mechanical Engineering or Automotive Engineering
- Must possess valid Tanzanian Driving license.
Minimum of Five years’ work experience as a Mechanic dealing with Heavy Equipment in Mining industry / environment and must possess the following.
- Proven experience in trouble shooting and maintenance work on Caterpillar (CAT) equipment.
- Ability to use Caterpillar SIS & ET
- Ability to use special diagnostic tools and reading schematic diagram.
- Ability to troubleshoot, test and approve quality of job done.
MAIN OR KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES:
- To ensure Torque specifications, tolerance and correct fluid are applied on Equipment & Components at all times when Components change out is done, by making sure there is correct information filled, signed off orders after he has physically checked when execution is taking place
- To inspect machines for defects and influence work force to carry out repairs in a correct manner following GGM standards & OEM
- Perform ET downloads when equipment are on PM Service & when they came for Technical repairs, file data & interpret information in order to determine improvements.
- Inspect Contractors Equipment before entering mine site to determine whether they meet mine standards (Context – following release form / check list)
- Review Contractor’s Maintenance System & Recommends improvement on Quality maintenance practices.
MAIN OR KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES:
- Review SOP’s for maintenance & recommend improvement
- Record issues on work orders regarding Quality Maintenance & records corrective actions in tracking records (e.g. Defects reported previously but not actioned find out reason whether parts ordered & availabilities) implement for plan of action
- Review completed inspection reports / check sheet & machine release form, sign it off as a proof of going through
- Ensure checklist is submitted by Execution Team & QMS Personnel has signed off
- Identify if Training gap can cover Execution team output.
- Influence execution team with quality maintenance practice.
- Ensure all machines after PM Services & Component change their release form are signed off through QMS Personnel daily
- Sound knowledge on health, Safety and Environmental issues
- Ability to work under pressure
- Ability to composure under stressful situations and conflicting priorities.
- Must be able to work with minimum Supervision
- He / She must be physical and mentally fit and hard working
- Be able to show initiative and coordination skills and be able to interact with the team
- Good in Microsoft skills / Computer literacy in spreadsheet and programing data entry
- Good communication skills.
- English literacy skill is a significant requirement for the role as the role holder must have good written and oral communication skills in English language
- Demonstrate good commitment to deliver
- Be able to read and understand maintenance manual book.
- Driving competency (Must have a valid Tanzanian license)
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 20th April, 2022.
Dont Miss Latest Jobs In Tanzania. Subscribe Today. CLICK HERE