Cook, G-2 at International Residual Mechanism for Criminal Tribunals
- Company: International Residual Mechanism for Criminal Tribunals
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Arusha & Moshi Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Graduates Jobs in Tanzania
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS : 08 June 2021
OFFICE : Registry/ Detention Facility
LOCATION : Arusha
JOB OPENING NUMBER : 2021/IRMCT/REG/UNDF/116-GS
United Nations Core Values: Integrity, Professionalism, Respect for Diversity
Organizational setting and Reporting:
This position is located at the United Nations Detention Facility (“UNDF”), International Residual Mechanism for Criminal Tribunals (“Mechanism”). Under the overall command of the Commanding Officer UNDF and the direct supervision of the Logistics Officer UNDF, the incumbent will provide support to UNDF.
- Prepare three daily meals for detainees;
- Prepare the menu and ensure that the food items take into account the age, health conditions and cultural habits of the detainees;
- Monitor the food stocks;
- Verify the food quality purchased; Perform any other duties as required.
- Professionalism: Shows pride in work and in achievements. Demonstrates professional competence and mastery of subject matter. Is conscientious and efficient in meeting commitments, observing deadlines and achieving results. Is motivated by professional rather than personal concerns. Shows persistence when faced with difficult problems or challenges. Remains calm in stressful situations.
- Teamwork – Works collaboratively with colleagues to achieve organisational goals. Solicits input by genuinely valuing others’ ideas and expertise; is willing to learn from others. Places team agenda before personal agenda. Supports and acts in accordance with final group decision, even when such decisions may not entirely reflect own position. Shares credit for team accomplishments and accepts joint responsibility for team shortcomings.
- Client Orientation – Considers all those to whom services are provided to be “clients” and seeks to see things from clients’ point of view. Establishes and maintains productive partnerships with clients by gaining their trust and respect. Identifies clients’ needs and matches them to appropriate solutions. Monitors ongoing developments inside and outside the clients’ environment to keep informed and anticipate problems. Keeps clients informed of progress or setbacks in projects. Meets timeline for delivery of products or services to client.
- Education: High school diploma or equivalent. Certificate in cookery and meal preparation an asset.
- Experience: Minimum of one (1) year relevant experience in food preparation for large groups. Experience in preparing meals for groups of people with different dietary requirements.
- Language: English and French are the working languages of the Mechanism. For the post advertised, fluency in English and Swahili is required. Working knowledge of French or Kinyarwanda is desirable.
Method of ApplicationNOTE FOR INTERNAL CANDIDATES: Staff at the G-1 and G-2 level are eligible to apply. Interested staff members must complete the UN Personal History Profile (PHP) form obtainable via personal inspira accounts (in PDF format) or the IRMCT website. Please submit all documents including the PHP, a cover letter, and the last two ePAS’s to the [email protected] in-box. Please indicate the job opening number in the subject line.
Once received, a list of candidates who meet the requirements of the post will be sent to the supervisor, who will prepare a written comparative analysis of the candidates and recommend a candidate for the position. Please note that only short listed candidate(s) will be informed of the outcome. Applicants may have to sit the United Nations Global General Services Test (GGST) as per information circular ICTY/IC/2004/49 of 2 September 2004.
NOTE FOR EXTERNAL CANDIDATES: External applicants must complete the UN Personal History Profile (PHP) form obtainable from the IRMCT website (www.irmct.org) and forward electronically along with a cover letter to the [email protected] in-box. Please indicate the job opening number in the subject line. Please note, CVs cannot be accepted.
Once received, a list of candidates who meet the requirements of the post will be sent to the supervisor, who will prepare a written comparative analysis of the candidates and recommend a candidate for the position. Please note that only short listed candidate(s) will be informed of the outcome.
Applicants may have to sit the United Nations Global General Services Test (GGST) as per information circular ICTY/IC/2004/49 of 2 September 2004. Candidates who have passed the GGST or ASAT must provide evidence when submitting their application. The appointment of the successful candidate will be on a local basis.