Cook at Danish Refugee Council
- Company: Danish Refugee Council
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Kibondo Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Graduates Jobs in Tanzania
Founded in 1956, The Danish Refugee Council (DRC) is a humanitarian, non-governmental, non-profit organization providing direct assistance to conflict-affected populations – refugees, internally displaced people (IDPs) and host communities – in more than 40 countries around the world. DRC has been implementing emergency response projects in Tanzania since the onset of the Burundi refugee crisis in 2015 in three refugee camps in the Kigoma Region at the border with Burundi. DRC’s integrated projects for refugees, asylum seekers and host communities comprise sectors such as Camp Coordination and Camp Management (CCCM), Protection (CBP, PSN, GBV, CP and Legal), Shelter and infrastructure, and Economic Recovery.
Overall purpose of the role:
For the role of cook, DRC is seeking a suitable applicant to assist with all kitchen tasks, such as preparing breakfast, lunch, and dinner for the guesthouse and making tea or coffee for official gatherings.
- Cook food in various utensils or grillers.
- Ensure great presentation by dressing dishes before they are served.
- Keep a sanitized and orderly environment in the kitchen, including cleaning the inside of the fridge.
- Cleaning all dishes, cooking equipment, and food storage areas in accordance with food safety regulations.
- Washing, chopping, shredding, and grating ingredients for subsequent use by the cook.
- Sweeping and mopping floors, as required.
- Storing ingredients according to prescribed food safety regulations.
- Assisting with the monitoring of inventory.
- Reporting all damaged or faulty equipment to the HR &Admin Team Leader.
- Cleaning trash cans and disposing of refuse on a regular basis.
- Make tea or coffee for official meetings/occasions.
- Regular planning of procurement of food and cooking items.
- Perform other duties as may be assigned by your supervisor.
In this position, you are expected to demonstrate DRC’s five core competencies:
- Striving for excellence: You focus on reaching results while ensuring an efficient process.
- Collaborating: You involve relevant parties and encourage feedback.
- Taking the lead: You take ownership and initiative while aiming for innovation.
- Communicating: You listen and speak effectively and honestly.
- Demonstrating integrity: You act in line with our vision and values.
Qualifications and Experience
- At least 1year experience in a similar position, ideally in an NGO, Hotel or UN Agency
- Basic English proficiency
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to multi-task
- Ability to work safely in a kitchen environment.
- Knowledge of kitchen procedures and food safety.
- Thorough knowledge of food safety procedures.
- Excellent organizational, time management, and multitasking abilities.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills.
- Capacity to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to work shifts, over weekends, and on public holidays, as needed.
- Certificate or Diploma in Hotel management and relevant field.
- Basic English proficiency
- Fluency in local language
- Compliance and Detail-oriented
- Strong team player
- Excellent interpersonal skills, culturally sensitive and adaptable
- Flexible, enthusiastic and willing to learn from others
- Understands humanitarian issues in Tanzania, and the region
- Willing to travel to project sites in Tanzania
Employment category: Grade K
Reporting to: HR and Admin Team Leader
Technical line manager: HR and Admin Team Leader
Direct reports: N/A
Unit/department: Support Services
Providing equal opportunities We are committed to creating an inclusive and positive work environment based on mutual respect for all employees. All applicants are considered for employment without attention to race, age, ability, ethnicity, nationality, religion, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, or any other factor. At DRC we celebrate diversity and appreciate our employees for the people they are and their unique skills, backgrounds, and perspectives. We encourage all interested candidates to apply.
DRC strives to attract, motivate and retain qualified national staff within its programs. As such, we strongly encourage national and diaspora candidates to apply for this position. However, candidates should take into consideration that DRC cannot employ, under an international contract, a national of the country in which he or she will be working (in this case, the United Republic of Tanzania)
Promoting high standards : DRC’s capacity to ensure the protection of and assistance to refugees, IDP’s and other persons of concern depends on the ability of our staff to uphold and promote the highest standards of ethical and professional conduct in relation DRC’s values and Code of Conduct, including safeguarding against sexual exploitation, abuse and harassment. DRC conducts thorough and comprehensive background checks as part of the recruitment process.
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 30th May, 2023.
Dont Miss Latest Jobs In Tanzania. Subscribe Today. CLICK HERE