Control Tower Analyst, Reproductive Health Supplies Coalition (RHSC) at PATH
- Company: PATH
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Dar Es Salaam Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Healthcare/Medical Jobs in Tanzania
Tracking Code10866Job Description
*This position is contingent on funding*
Candidates can be based in Seattle, Washington DC, or any existing office throughout Africa
Please include a cover letter with your resume describing your interest in the position and how you meet the qualifications.
The Reproductive Health Supplies Coalition (RHSC, or the Coalition) is a global partnership of more than 500 public, private, and non-governmental organizations dedicated to ensuring that all people in low- and middle-income countries can choose, obtain, and use affordable, high-quality supplies and related services to ensure their better reproductive health. Our Secretariat is staffed and managed by PATH. PATH is a global nonprofit dedicated to achieving health equity. With more than 40 years of experience forging multisector partnerships, and with expertise in science, economics, technology, advocacy, and dozens of other specialties, PATH develops and scales up innovative solutions to the world’s most pressing health challenges.
PATH, on behalf of the Coalition Secretariat, is seeking Control Tower Analyst to support the Global Family Planning Visibility & Analytics Network (VAN). The VAN is governed by a Steering Committee of supply chain professionals. The VAN supports cost-effective delivery of family planning products to developing countries by allowing supply chain professionals to make coordinated supply and planning decisions based on shared visibility into a common set of data. The Analyst will work with other VAN Control Tower Members to ensure that all required inventory and supply plan data is uploaded on-time, is complete, and meets defined quality standards, so as to be reliable for decision-making.
As a key person collecting country stock level and shipment data, this position is a critical member of the team that drives the development and roll-out of the VAN. This position will get to see first-hand how an active supply chain Control Tower works across organizations to balance supply and demand for family planning products and facilitate more timely supply chain responses. It is an exciting role for someone looking to gain more exposure to providing technical assistance in health system strengthening to countries and in developing a strong network with key partners in the reproductive health field. This position is drawn upon to provide vital insights gained from close communication with the field and country data management.
Review, validate and manage data
- Act as main point of contact between VAN and country data providers for the collection, translation, and validation of national inventory data for a portfolio of countries.
- Serve as Control Tower Planner for assigned VAN member countries and review supply plan, inventory and order and shipment data directly with the assigned country data provider
- Ensure that supply plans, inventory, and order/shipment data as presented in the VAN are in alignment with one another for a portfolio of countries
- Create data validation tickets and work to resolve data validation issues for a portfolio of countries using the VAN ticketing system when possible, or directly with country data providers
Resolve supply chain issues in collaboration with country stakeholders and the global RH community
- Collaborate with assigned in-country Planners and data providers to review supply exceptions flagged by the system and to determine the appropriate action to request of donors/procurers to avoid stockouts, shortages, and overstocks for at least the next 12 months
- Support training of assigned in-country Planners, Basic or Full Viewers and other country stakeholders on VAN processes and platform
Contribute to process improvement efforts of the VAN
- Support continuous process improvement efforts through active participation and leadership in cross-organization taskforces and workstreams
- Support the development of analytics to be leveraged by the Control Tower Planning Manager, other Control Tower Members, as well as by international, multi-donor working groups
- Support ad hoc translation to help bridge understanding between the Francophone and Anglophone communities.
- Bachelor’s degree required, preferably in public health, statistics, or related area
Minimum of two years of experience in supply chain management, with at least one year of experience on data analysis and forecasting/supply planning for pharmaceuticals; preference for experience working in family planning
- Strong interpersonal skills and proven experience managing relationships with global and country-level stakeholders including demonstrated ability to collaborate and partner with ministry of health and other key government stakeholders
- Experience working in a cross-cultural environment
- Advanced analytical skills and ability to present data and analysis in easily understood infographics and data visualizations
- Fluency in French highly preferred and English required, with a willingness to support ad hoc translation needs
- Strong MS Office skills
- Experience working with global donors/procurers and demonstrated understanding of their procurement practices, specifically UNFPA and USAID
- Excellent oral and written communication ability; able to communicate and document complex processes in a clear and concise manner
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively as part of a team, preferably with remote team members
- Proven ability to operate in ambiguous environments and work through complex problems
- Must have legal authorization to work in the United States OR in the respective PATH Country Office location
- Experience working with programs in Africa and Asia
- Experience working with and knowledge of family planning products
- Experience in software training and/or digital change management is an asset
PATH is dedicated to building an inclusive workforce where diversity is valued
PATH is an equal opportunity employer. Every qualified applicant will be considered for employment. PATH does not discriminate based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, age, national origin, marital status, disability status, political ideology, military or protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 20th August, 2021.