Control Room Operator at Bulyanhulu Gold Mine
- Company: Bulyanhulu Gold Mine
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Shinyanga
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Tanzania
Bulyanhulu Gold Mine is seeking to recruit Control Room Operator to join our team. The successful candidate for this position is expected to align to the Barrick DNA and drive a change within his team and the business and on a practical note will ensure activities in the Process Plant department are effectively planned and undertaken in a safe and cost effective manner to achieve targets in accordance to BGML Mining Safety Standards, Policies and Procedures.
Reporting to: First Line Leader Process Plant Operations
Work Schedule: 7 Days Day Shift / 7 Days Night Shift / 7 Days Off
- Constantly proactive in ensuring prime product protection.
- To ensure compliance to Operational Safe Work Procedures, Process and Metallurgical guidelines and directives while operating the CIL plant.
- Monitor and maintain control room functions to optimize the Process Plant throughput, reagent dosing, recovery with minimum cost.
- Maintaining clear lines of communication with Process Operations, Metallurgical and Maintenance personnel to ensure timeous response to operational issues.
- Maintaining clear lines of communication with Emergency and Medical Staff in case of Emergency.
- Immediate response and action to underperforming circuits from control room monitoring, minimum downtime and maximum efficiency.
- Active monitoring all plant operating parameters to achieve optimum recovery of metals
- Demonstrates cleanliness and a high standard of work and keeping work space consistently clean at the start and end of shifts.
- Ensure accurate production record keeping and ensure and timely submitted
- To ensure compliance to Process Plant operating within set parameters and procedures
- To assist the First Line Leader (FLL) in leading the shift and act as relief FLL.
- Ensure safe work practices, i.e. attending compulsory safety courses and meetings, use of required PPE, incident/accident reporting and ensuring total adherence to all Safety, Occupational Health and Environmental Policies, as well as other relevant policies, procedures and guidelines.
- Form IV Secondary education
- FTC/Trade – Test grade 1 in mineral processing/ equivalent (I)
- A3 – 5 years’ experience in Process plant operations including gravity recovery, base metals flotation and gold production
- Control room operator experience will be advantageous
SKILLS / KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS:
- Excellent communication in English ,both writing and verbal
- Hazard identification and Risk assessment
- Mine health andSafety Act awareness
WHAT WE CAN OFFER YOU:
- A comprehensive compensation package including bonuses, benefits, and where applicable.
- Ability to make a difference and lasting impact.
- Work in a dynamic, collaborative, progressive, and high-performing team.
- Opportunities to grow and learn with the industry colleagues are endless.
Method of Application
Applicants are invited to submit their CV’s/Resume’s, careful read application guidelines
- Rename your CV in this format CV – YOUR FULL NAME
- Indicating the role title “CONTROL ROOM OPERATOR“ in the subject of your email
- Send your application via e-mail to: [email protected]
If you are not contacted by Barrick – Bulyanhulu Gold Mine LTD within thirty (30) days after the closing date, you should consider your application as unsuccessful. Short listed candidates may be subjected to any of the following: security clearance; competency assessment; physical capability assessment, reference checking.
Please forward applications before 11th October 2020