Contract Specialist at Nature Conservancy
- Company: Nature Conservancy
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Dar Es Salaam Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Tanzania
A LITTLE ABOUT US
Founded in 1951, the Nature Conservancy is a global conservation organization dedicated to conserving the lands and waters on which all life depends. Guided by science, we create innovative, on-the-ground solutions to our world’s toughest challenges so that nature and people can thrive together. We are tackling climate change, conserving lands, waters and oceans at unprecedented scale, providing food and water sustainably and helping make cities more sustainable. One of our core values is our commitment to diversity. Therefore, we strive for a globally diverse and culturally competent workforce. Working in 79 countries, including all 50 United States, we use a collaborative approach that engages local communities, governments, the private sector, and other partners. To learn more, visit www.nature.org or follow @nature_press on Twitter.
The Nature Conservancy offers competitive compensation, 401k or savings-plan matching for eligible employees, excellent benefits, flexible work policies and a collaborative work environment. We also provide professional development opportunities and promote from within. As a result, you will find a culture that supports and inspires conservation achievement and personal development, both within the workplace and beyond.
YOUR POSITION WITH TNC
The Contract Specialist will work as part of a larger operations team, serving as focal person to provide overall contract review, guidance and training alongside the legal team to operations and program managers in preparation for contracts in the region. The Contract Specialist is responsible for executing the BUs contracts compliance including their approvals.
This position will report to Operations Manager, Africa region and the location for this position is flexible between Tanzania, Kenya, South Africa, Zambia or Gabon.
The Contracts Specialist will support the strategic priorities of the Africa region through efficient oversight of Africa Region contracts, while providing excellent customer services to project managers. They will be well versed in the systems and resources utilized by TNC in order to execute assigned tasks. They will provide guidance in satisfying administrative and contract requirements based on extensive knowledge of policies and procedures and will provide support and guidance related to their functional area to staff across the region. They will implement contractual processes and practices in order to improve effectiveness, as needed, and will communicate or distribute information to assist staff in making decisions, solving problems, and improving workflow.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND SCOPE
- Develop and implement new initiatives that will ensure department and organization-wide goals and strategies are achieved;
- Ensure programmatic commitments, Conservancy policies and procedures, GAAP, and legal requirements are met and managed for compliance. Decisions may bind the organization financially or legally
- Collaborate with Grants Specialists on managing public awards and with the region’s legal representatives on matters of heightened complexity or risk
- Ensure contracted vendors obtain and possess required insurance coverage and that appropriate documentation is obtained and maintained
- Review contract terms and conditions to verify that they are in compliance with TNC policies and all applicable regulations
- Maintain contract tracker, to ensure all contracts are up to date and alert program managers on expiry dates, so that amendments can be done in a timely manner
- Collaborate with the legal team to maintain contract templates, guidance and training materials and ensure effective distribution thereof to regional staff
- Maintain confidentiality of sensitive information;
- Manage and/or review contractor’s invoice and deliverables before processing.
- Ensure compliance with Conservancy policies and procedures, and external (donor/legal/IRS) requirements;
- Financial responsibility includes assisting with purchasing, processing invoices, contracting with vendors, and assisting with budget preparation;
- May act as a resource to others to solve problems relating to Contracts
- Travel and work flexible hours as needed;
- Bachelor’s degree and 5 years related experience or equivalent combination;
- Finance, Operations or related field experience;
- Experience managing and implementing multiple projects;
- Experience drafting and negotiating agreements and managing contract workflow and process;
- Experience working with widely dispersed cross-functional teams.
- Demonstrated experience handling confidential information;
- Multi-lingual skills (French, Portuguese and/or Kiswahili preferred) and multi-cultural or cross-cultural experiences are appreciated;
- Ability to work in partnership with others in a collaborative role;
- Advanced knowledge in current and evolving technology related to field of experience;
- Knowledge of current and evolving trends in the specific field, preferably in a non-profit environment;
- Strong organization, planning, and problem-solving skills, along with a strong attention to detail;
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 22nd November, 2020.