Consulting – Manager at Deloitte
- Company: Deloitte
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Dar Es Salaam Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Tanzania
Deloitte is a leading global provider of audit and assurance, consulting, financial advisory, risk advisory, tax and related services. Our global network of member firms and related entities in more than 150 countries and territories (collectively, the “Deloitte organization”) serves four out of five Fortune Global 500® companies. Learn how Deloitte’s approximately 345,000 people make an impact that matters at www.deloitte.com
Deloitte is dedicated to providing value added solutions to our clients. We take pride in our reputation for providing a globally consistent quality service, an integrated approach and world-class expertise. Deloitte is renowned for its innovative and collaborative culture, where talented people work closely with like-minded individuals to achieve collective success.
Deloitte East Africa provides seamless cross-border services to multinationals, large national enterprises, small and medium sized enterprises and the public sector, across three (3) countries in the region: Kenya, Uganda and Tanzania.
A career with Deloitte offers you the opportunity to engage with and work alongside leading corporations within the East African region, and an opportunity to start and grow your career within a dynamic and rewarding environment. You will get the support, coaching and training needed to advance your career in Uganda and within the East Africa market.
Deloitte Tanzania has two exciting opportunities for suitably qualified individuals to join our Consulting department as Managers.
About the department
Deloitte’s Consulting is about making positive change happen. If you’re ready to innovate and transform, Deloitte can help you imagine, deliver, and run your future. Consulting helps guide clients to the best possible business decisions. Whether they’re facing a specific problem or grasping new opportunities, from technology innovations to operational transformation. You’ll help them shape the ideas, strategies and actions they need to succeed, now and for an ever-more-digital future. You’ll work collaboratively on every project. And have opportunities to work with all kinds of organizations, from start-ups to government departments to major international brands. Developing a wide set of skills and knowledge, your career will be as fascinating and rewarding as it is impactful.
What impact will you make?
At Deloitte we have a clear purpose, to make an impact that matters to our clients, our colleagues and our communities while you thrive in a dynamic culture of inclusion, collaboration and high performance. From professional development to leadership opportunities and career advancement, we empower our people to be their very best – because that’s how you make an impact.
Main purpose of the job
To effectively manage assigned projects and teams and pursue business to meet assigned revenue targets. To promote our leadership capabilities which are living our purpose, influence, performance drive, strategic direction and talent development.
- Lead the delivery of engagements / projects, to meet intended objectives within established budget and timelines, and recognizes when adjustments are required;
- Articulates how technology enables and differentiates the business and communicate this effectively;
- Manages project economics through accurate budgeting, time management, cost control and profitability management;
- Fosters a team environment that builds accountability and commitment to meeting engagement objectives and quality assurance standards to ensure a superior client experience in line with Deloitte’s principles of diversity, equity and inclusion;
- Identifies and solves client problems objectively using analysis, experience and judgment;
- Identifies relevant business trends, economic forces, and industry practices and can confidently discuss with the client;
- Builds relationships across Deloitte to understand broader offerings and seek opportunities for cross-selling;
- Leverages cross-geography insights and practitioners to enhance client service delivery;
- Scans the market for business development/add-on sales opportunities and organizes these pursuits through shaping opportunities, developing proposals, pitching to prospective clients and negotiating with the client;
- Develops relationships, establishes credibility with and instils confidence in clients;
- Builds personal brand and supports eminence building;
- Masters executive-level written and oral communications; creates logically-structures, executive-facing deliverables and;
- Maintains a calm, professional demeanor when challenges arises.
- A Bachelor’s degree from a recognized university;
- Master’s degree is desired;
- A minimum of 5 years’ working experience;
- At least 3 years’ experience in a professional services firm, client facing role is an added advantage;
- Professional certifications are an added advantage (e.g. PMP, Prince2, or technology certifications e.g. ITIL, TOGAF, SAP, Azure, AWS, OCI, and;
- Be a Tanzanian citizen
Your role as a leader
At Deloitte we believe in the importance of leadership at all levels. We expect our people to embrace and live our purpose by challenging themselves to identify issues that are most important for our clients, our people, and for society and make an impact that matters.
Living our Purpose – Acts as a role model, embracing and living our purpose and values, and recognizing others for the impact they make.
Influence – Influences clients, teams, and individuals positively, leading by example and establishing confident relationships with increasingly senior people.
Performance drive – Delivers exceptional client service; maximizes results and drives high performance from people while fostering collaboration across businesses and borders.
Talent development – Develops high-performing people and teams through challenging and meaningful opportunities.
Strategic direction – Understands key objectives for clients and Deloitte, aligns people to objectives and sets priorities and direction
At Deloitte, our professional development plan focuses on helping people at every level of their career to identify and use their strengths to do their best work every day. From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there is always room to learn. We offer opportunities to help build world-class skills in addition to hands-on experience in the global, fast-changing business world.
Deloitte opens the door to a career that can cross borders virtually and physically across the African continent and globally to gain experience and access projects beyond our borders. We value difference, and embrace people with diverse backgrounds, experiences, abilities and thinking styles.
Deloitte is led by a purpose: to make an impact that matters. Every day, Deloitte people are making a real impact in the places they live and work. We pride ourselves on doing not only what is good for clients, but also what is good for our people and the communities in which we live and work—always striving to be an organization that is held up as a role model of quality, integrity, and positive change. Learn more about Deloitte’s impact on the world.
We want job seekers exploring opportunities at Deloitte to feel prepared and confident. To help you with your interview, we suggest that you do research to know some background about our firm and the business area you are applying to.
Your details will be treated with confidentiality and will not be shared with any third party.
If you meet the above requirements, please visit our website and apply online: Deloitte East Africa Careers portal.
Please note that candidates that do not attach their CV and Certificates will not be considered.
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not ask individuals to pay any fees or money as part of the recruitment process.
Closing date: 31 July 2022
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 31st July, 2022.