Consultant-social Inclusion and Gender at VSO
- Company: VSO
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Dar Es Salaam Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Consulting Jobs in Tanzania
VSO is the world’s leading international development organisation that works through volunteers to fight poverty. Working in 24 countries around the world, our unique role in international development is to place committed volunteers with carefully selected organisations where their skills can have the greatest impact. Our extraordinary volunteers live and work in some of the world’s poorest communities. Sharing their unique skills and experience to generate new ideas and new ways of doing things, helping the communities they work in lift themselves out of poverty. We’re not about delivering quick fixes, but instead we focus on long-lasting, sustainable change, that will impact generations to come. Join us and help us work towards our vision of a world without poverty.
The person will work with the project officer to provide technical expertise support on Social Inclusion and Gender (SIG) integrated to PWDs networks strategies in the current context of COVID pandemic. Overall the assignment is aimed at building capacity of PWDs networks and their members to develop responsive and copying mechanisms toward the current pandemic context.
The assignment is aiming at reaching 150+ PWDs network members and their leaders and ensuring the SIG approach is adapted to reach the and meet their needs within the current context.
Skills, qualifications and experience
The consultant will be required to have the following skills and experience:
• Bachelor, or preferably master’s degree in Gender or social studies;
• A minimum of 5 years relevant experience
• Several years of experience in leading large survey / assessments (data collection, validation, entry and analysis), leading field team in implementing assessments
• Experience in reviewing current development programmes and identifying areas for improvement related to SIG
• Affinity with and preferably expertise in gender and exclusion issues in developing countries
• Experience of commissioning and/or conducting the design and implementation of gender and inclusion mainstreaming strategy
• Proven coaching and mentoring skills
• Teamwork, with the ability to work collaboratively in diverse multi-cultural groups
• Ability to communicate in English with different stakeholders on different levels within organisations (written and oral)
• Flexible to work long hours during field work
• Field experience ideally international in the region
• Experience in SIG issues in Tanzania
Competencies and Behaviour
At VSO we believe progress is only possible by working together. Whether you want to join us as an employee, or as a volunteer working in your own country, overseas or online, our selection process includes an assessment based on these core competencies:
• Ability to be open minded and respectful
• Ability to be resilient and adaptive to new situations
• Ability to facilitate positive change and build sustainable working relationships
• Ability to seek and share knowledge
VSO promotes equal opportunities and values a diverse workforce.
VSO reserves the right to close this job early if we receive a sufficient number of applications.
If you’re interested in applying for this role, please download the job description for more information.
Once you’re ready to apply, click on ‘make an application’ below to complete the online form.
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 10th December, 2020.