Consultant – Emotive Expert Trainer at Jhpiego
- Company: Jhpiego
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Dar Es Salaam Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Consulting Jobs in Tanzania
For more than 46 years now, Jhpiego has empowered front-line health workers by designing and implementing effective, low-cost, hands-on solutions to strengthen the delivery of health care services for women and their families. By putting evidence-based health innovations into everyday practice, Jhpiego works to break down barriers to high-quality health care for the world’s most vulnerable populations. Jhpiego, implementing a number of projects in Tanzania, wishes to recruit a Consultant to facilitate in training of trainers and their mentorship for on the job training.
Using the Helping Mothers Survive Low-Dose, High-Frequency Training Approach to build capacity of 21 master trainers’ service providers for EMOTIVE PPH bundle study implementation at 7 sites in Eastern and Lake Zones of Tanzania.
Scope of Work
Jhpiego will train seven health facilities participating in the University of Birmingham, World Health Organization (WHO) trial study to evaluate the implementation of early detection and the use of the E-MOTIVE WHO “first response” treatment bundle for PPH.
Jhpiego will employ the E-MOTIVE module for the training designed using a “low-dose, high-frequency” (LDHF) approach. Skills are built on-site to improve communication and teamwork, and reinforce clinical skills to manage PPH.
Hence, the training will be comprised of two components; training of 20 trainers divided in two groups and mentoring them to conduct their first training on the job at each of the seven worksites. The OJT enables providers to achieve short sets of LDHF skills and to establish quality improvement activities to be done after training in order to achieve proficiency and confidence to contain PPH and enhance women’s survival.
- Preparation for the training activities: 2 days for preparation and development of related documents such as scope of work, 2 days for advance review of materials, 2 days for orientation to the materials, 2 days for overseeing procurement of print and clinical materials and liaising with the Tanzania PI for smooth running of the 2 events (8 days).
- Activity 1 in March 2022: To conduct two three days training of trainers (TOT) for 20 participants from 7 study health facilities (4 hospitals and 3 health centers- estimates) on Early Detection and Treatment of Postpartum Hemorrhage Using the WHO MOTIVE “First Response” Bundle. (8 days (1 day preparation, 6 days training and 1 report writing)
- Activity 2 in April and May 2022: To conduct mentorship to the 20 TOT graduates as they conduct their 1st OJT for the WHO MOTIVE training at 7 study sites selected randomly spread in Eastern and Lake zones. (28 days (1 day travel + 1 preparation day + 2 days for training and peer orientation + 4 days x 7 sites)
|February 14 – 25
| Venue in Dar es Salam
|March 14 – 31, 2022 (7days)
(11 days (8 days for 2 TOTs and 3 for travelling)
|Master Training of Trainer/Mentors
Conduct first and second trainings of master trainers/mentors in the Master training for EMOTIVE module.
| Venue TBD – Mwanza
|April 01 – May 14
(28 days including travelling)
Training and mentorship of 20 trainers for EMOTIVE
| Venue TBD
(at individual site in Eastern and Lake zone regions)
- A 2-day orientation of the 2 expert trainers by Dr Cherrie Evans, the project director to the newly revised EMOTIVE training materials;
- The 2 trainers will conduct two three days each of clinical and facilitation skills trainings of 20 providers
- The 2 trainers will mentor the 20 TOTs while conducting their first OJT at 7 health facilities of Lake and Eastern zones.
- Orientation of 2 to 3 Project Peer Coordinators (PPC) on their roles for the facilities to institutionalize the capacity building approach.
- Specific teaching and learning methodology will include participatory approaches; illustrated presentations, demonstration, simulations and facilitated practices.
- UoB and WHO PPH project 20 trainers trained to deliver EMOTIVE module.
- UoB and WHO PPH project 20 trainers mentored to deliver EMOTIVE module
- UoB and WHO PPH project 70 service providers trained to deliver EMOTIVE bundle
- Two activity reports shared with Jhpiego HQ.
- 10+ years of experience working in and managing MNH programs
- Midwife, Medical doctor, or OB/GYN specialist
- EMOTIVE expert trainer
- Experience in working in the Tanzania Health System
- Good understanding of recommended international evidence-based practices and policies in MNH
- Strong computer skills — MS office
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Fluency in both written and spoken English
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 10th March, 2022.