Consultant at Sustainable Agriculture
- Company: Sustainable Agriculture
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Morogoro Tanzania Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Consulting Jobs in Tanzania
INDEPTH VALUE CHAIN ANALYSIS ON TOMATO VALUE CHAIN IN TANZANIA UNDER THE ECOLOGICAL ORGANIC AGRICULTURE INITIATIVE
The Consultant is expected to develop an appropriate survey approach/methodology to address the tomato value chain analysis objectives. The survey strategy should demonstrate a close link between the data collected from value chain actors and the methodology that will be employed to ensure the further recommended research areas is unbiased. The Consultant, in consultation with the project team will develop a detailed and appropriate survey methodology. The survey methodology and tools developed by the consultant will be reviewed and approved by SAT before the rollout of data collection. The survey methodology will include and not be limited to:
a) Review of relevant documents on EOA-I including value chain analysis report on vegetables, spices and cashew value chains, ASDP II and the relevant national strategic plans related to tomato value chain.
b) Data collection approaches and tools, focusing on structured interviews with value chain actors.
c) Data analysis techniques, capturing the gapes, priorities and information deeded by value chain actors with reference to gender, youths and marginalized groups.
The Evaluation Deliverables
(a) The value chain analysis draft and final reports: The report should be logically structured including the executive summary, value chain description in Tanzania, survey purpose, methodology, findings, conclusions, recommendations, and annexes (key officials interviewed, documents consulted, and data collection instruments). The report should respond in detail to the key focus areas described above. It should include a set of recommendations for the value chain development and inform on further research focus.
(b) A Summary of the value chain analysis report on PowerPoint Slides for presentations.
Consultants & Minimum Qualifications
The evaluation will be conducted by a consultant or team of consultants with the team leader having the following main qualifications:
- At least a master’s degree or equivalent in agriculture, agroecology, crop science, horticulture science, agricultural economics or related sciences.
- At least 3 years of experience in conducting researches and surveys or similar assignments in agricultural development programmes and projects and agriculture business.
- Demonstrated ability to assess complex situations to analyse critical issues succinctly and clearly and draw conclusions and recommendations.
- Proven in-depth understanding and consulting experiences on horticultural value chains.
- Substantive knowledge of agroecology and organic farming and its practices.
- The exercise will require literature review and field data collection to the value chain actors (production, processing, transportation, brokers, marketers, policy makers and consumers). The selected consultant will be expected to adhere to a code of conduct (Statement on Ethics), and conduct self/ themselves according to the expected ethical standards.
Method of ApplicationIf you believe you are the right candidate for the above consultancy and can clearly demonstrate your ability to meet the qualifications required, then submit the above-mentioned documents to [email protected] with the subject heading: Consultancy for In-depth Tomato value chain analysis in Morogoro and Zanzibar for the EOA Project.
The closing date for applications is 13th March 2022. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.
Find the Terms of Reference here.
Submit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here