Consultant at HelpAge International
- Company: HelpAge International
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Dar Es Salaam Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Consulting Jobs in Tanzania
HelpAge International is looking for a consultant to support the development of Tanzania HelpAge Country office localisation plan.
The purpose of the consultancy is to work with the Tanzania country team in preparation of a localisation plan which provides a detailed assessment of the local context, environment, stakeholder views and capacities, legal and institutional frameworks, opportunities and constraints, which will provide rigorous evidence to guide decision making on the direction for localisation in the country and the plans in place to transition to locally-led development in the country.
Undertake a consultation with internal and external stakeholders to assess/ validate the context, priorities, capacities and appetites of local actors for localisation and advancement of the ageing agenda in country. Together with the country team complete a narrative localisation plan (template provided) with annexes which will reflect findings of the consultation in-country and will guide the process of localisation over the coming period.
- The consultation will engage partners, network members, government agencies, donors and local civil society.
- The consultant will clarify the legal frameworks and timelines for the different localisation models and the implications of status change on institutional arrangements and human resources.
- The consultant will support the team to identify/ validate and analyse the external and internal risks of localisation in the context of Tanzania.
- The consultant will facilitate a country level stakeholders’ workshop to identify the circumstances, pathways and possible localization model that is anchored in and aligned with the Tanzania context and in-country Theory of Change.
Qualifications and Experience Required
- Degree in Social Sciences, Statistics, Communication, and related field.
- Minimum of 10 years’ relevant professional experience in social sciences, Organizational transformation, organizational development and research.
- Strong background and experience in change management, data collection and analysis.
- Technical expertise in evaluating Transforming organisations, pathway models, advocacy, and rights programmes; and ability to draw strong and valid conclusions.
- Understanding of regulations governing NGO sector in Tanzania, donor trends and key regulations governing international and local organizations in Tanzania.
- Researchers conversant in English and Swahili
- Excellent facilitation, communication and report writing skills.
- Consultant based in Tanzania will be a preferred option.
- Previous experience in change management processes is essential. ;
- engaging with organizations working with and for older people will be an added advantage !
- Awareness of aging issues in Tanzania will be an added advantage. ‘
- Technical proposal (maximum 3 pages) including: brief explanation about the consultant/s with emphasis on previous experience in this kind of work; profile of the consultant to be involved in undertaking the consultancy, understanding of the TOR, the study methodology, key contacts from similar work carried out.
- Financial proposal: The financial proposal should provide cost estimates for services rendered including professional fees (daily rates x number of days) and any other costs to carry out the assignment.
Method of ApplicationAll interested individuals are requested to express interest by email to: [email protected] . The deadline for submission of expressions of interest is by the end of Friday 03rd December 2021.
Consultant who is interested should send an email requesting for the full TOR to: [email protected]