Consultant at Catholic Relief Services
- Company: Catholic Relief Services
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Dar Es Salaam Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Consulting Jobs in Tanzania
Catholic Relief Services
Renewable Energy Transition Consultant, specializing in Solar Photovoltaic Systems
CATHOLIC RELIEF SERVICES-USCCB (CRS) was founded in 1943 by the Catholic Bishops of the United States to serve World War II survivors in Europe. Today, it is the official international humanitarian agency of the U.S. Catholic community. It provides support to impoverished and disadvantaged people in over 100 countries based solely on need, regardless of their race, religion, or ethnicity.
CRS has its headquarters in Baltimore, Maryland, USA, as well as offices across the African continent that would be supported by this consultancy.
In keeping with its values of Care for Creation and Climate Action, CRS aims to reduce its Greenhouse Gas Emissions throughout its operations. This includes decreasing energy consumption, reliance on diesel generators and fossil-fuel powered grids in favour of renewable energy solutions.
CRS is looking fora consultant to support CRS’ strategic energy transition across its offices, specifically with solar photovoltaic systems. This includes:
- Conducting solar feasibility studies in countries where local expertise is not available. Where local expertise is available the consultant will be asked to support quality review of local consultant designs.
- Drafting of clear guidance on tracking and return on investment for solar photovoltaic systems so that CRS can standardize how offices track energy and cost savings.
- Drafting clear guidance on how teams should approach system maintenance, including what should be managed by the system supplier and what should be managed by the local team.
The evaluation process will be conducted according to the CRS Procurement Policies and Procedures. Only shortlisted vendor will be selected based on submitted business profile which entail legal compliance, brochures, price list, experience in the market, financial health (provision of audited financial statements), description of similar assignments, technical competence (CVs of key staffs), warranty validity, after sale services and manufacturer’s authorization added as an advantage.
Method of ApplicationThe detailed invitation tender documents are available any time from June 26 to June 30th, 2023. Interested bidders are invited to pick up a hard copy of the tender document at the CRS office or can request a soft copy. Requests for tender documents should be submitted on a company letterhead signed by the Director/Manager of the company in hardcopy or via e-mail to Elizabeth Sendama at [email protected] with “Request for Tender Documents: “2023-CRS-03.
Renewable Energy Transition Consultant, specializing in Solar Photovoltaic Systems”.
The deadline for submission of the completed and sealed proposal application is 17hrs local time on July 12, 2023.