Consultancy at Right To Play
- Company: Right To Play
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Dar Es Salaam Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Consulting Jobs in Tanzania
CONSULTANCY WORK- ENDLINE EVALUATION GIRLS
ON TRACK PROJECT
Right To Play is a global organization committed to improving the lives of children and youth affected by conflict, disease and poverty. Established in 2000, Right To Play has pioneered a unique play-based approach to learning and development which focuses on quality education, life skills, health, gender equality, child protection and building peaceful communities. With programming in over 20 countries, Right To Play transforms the lives of more than one million children each week using play and sports, both inside and outside of the classroom. In addition to our work with children, Right To Play advocates with parents, local communities, and governments to advance the fundamental rights of all children. Right To Play is headquartered in Toronto, Canada and has operations in North America, Europe, the Middle East, Africa and Asia. In Tanzania, Right To Play implements its activities in three regions Mara, Morogoro and Kigoma (in Nduta and Nyarugusu refugee camps).
As such, Right To Play is seeking a consultancy firm/group to undertake the Endline evaluation in 75 primary schools and 5 secondary schools at Mara and Morogoro region. This will include the review, refinement and/ or development of data collection instruments; collaborate with RTP MELO to implement enumerators training; quality assurance of the data collection process; data review and cleaning; data analysis; validation workshop; and the endline evaluation reports as specified in the key deliverables.
SKILS AND QUALIFICATION REQUIRED
- A consultancy firm/group with at least 7-15 years of experience in the research and/or evaluation field, including experience in quantitative and qualitative data collection, analyzing quantitative and qualitative data, and report writing;
- Extensive experience in education at the primary levels;
- Experience in life skills measurement and behavioral change measurement;
- Experience using participatory methodologies and following OECD-DAC criteria/principles for evaluation and measurement;
- Applicant should have a relevant degree in Social Sciences, International Development, Statistical Sciences, or another related field;
- Excellent skills and experience with data analysis using statistical computing tools (Excel, SPSS, STATA, NVIVO);
- Good written and verbal communication skills;
- Excellent working proficiency in English;
Qualified and interested candidates are hereby requested to apply (either as a team or individually). The full TOR is available at RTP office in Dar es salaam free of charge, kindly visit our office during working hours (09.00- 16.00) to collect the document. The application should contain the following:
- A Cover letter (1 page) introducing the evaluators/organization and how the skills, experience and competencies described above are met.
- A Proposal (8 pages maximum) describing the consultant understanding of the evaluation, the proposed methodology, description of tools etc. including a proposed budget.
- V. for evaluator(s) (not exceeding two pages) for each evaluation team member.
Method of ApplicationThe application should be addressed to the Country Director and submitted to Right To Play Office in a sealed envelope, not later than June 11th 2021 at 16.00, at the following address” Plot 446, Regent Estate Mikocheni, P.O. Box 79701, Dar Es Salaam.
While we thank all applicants for their interest, only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
Right To Play is a child-centered organization. Our recruitment and selection procedures reflect our commitment to the safety and protection of children in our programs.