Consultancy at PSI
- Company: PSI
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Dar Es Salaam Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Consulting Jobs in Tanzania
DOULA ACTIVITY EVALUATION
Background: Population Services International is a non-profit social marketing organization with programs in over 60 countries making it easier for all people to lead healthier lives and plan the families they desire. PSI under women’s health project, is seeking a consultant to evaluate the impact of the piloted activity conducted in the Iringa region from July to September 2021. This pilot aimed at increasing awareness on the availability of self-managed MA in the community and reducing the risk of maternal mortality rate especially those resulting from unsafe abortion.
Consultancy Time frame: This activity is expected to take 18 days engagement. The Consultant would have some flexibility to allow for approvals and reviews.
Scope of work:
- Participate during enumeration and provide an emphasis on key issues to consider during data collection exercise – 12 days.
- Analysis and reporting should include a draft to be reviewed by PSI and a final with PSI inputs – 5 days.
- Analysis and reporting should include a draft to be reviewed by PSI and a final with PSI inputs – 1 day.
- A minimum of degree in relevant discipline (MD, public health, epidemiology, global health, sociology, demography or behavioural sciences field). Masters degree will be an added advantage.
Experiences and skills required
- Member or/and has experience working with AGOTA.
- Strong familiarity with qualitative research methodologies, implementation and oversight.
- Demonstrated experiences working within comprehensive post abortion care services.
- Strong understanding of Tanzania health systems, policies and programs.
- Understanding community perspectives on health, particularly in the Tanzania context.
- A self-starter who can work with limited supervision, proactive and has strong communication skills.
- Proven record of leading qualitative research.
- Strong analytical and writing skills.
- Experience in qualitative data processes and analysis; coding, content analysis, thematic analysis.
- High proficiency in Computer Assisted/Aided Qualitative Data Analysis Software (CAQDAS), such as NVIVO, to analyse and draw conclusions from the data gathered through the qualitative interviews will be an added advantage.
- Ability to work in teams.
- Ability to interact effectively with community members and local government actors, private sector
Application for the position must include:
- Cover letter illustrating your suitability for the position against the listed requirements.
- Detailed curriculum vitae showing contact address, email, and day -time mobile phone , number (s) and three (3) referees, ONE being your last employer.