Construction Manager at Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF)
- Company: Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF)
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Kigoma
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Construction/Real Estate Jobs in Tanzania
| JOB VACANCY – CONSTRUCTION MANAGER
Title: CONSTRUCTION MANAGER
Direct Reports: LOGISTICS TEAM LEADER / LOGISTICS COORDINATOR
Location: NDUTA CAMP
Contract Duration : FIXED TERM CONTRACT OF 6 MONTHS – TO START BEGINING OF JANUARY 2021
|FOR NATIONAL STAFF ONLY|
Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) is an international, independent, medical humanitarian organisation that delivers emergency aid to people affected by armed conflict, epidemics, natural disasters and exclusion from healthcare. MSF offers assistance to people based on need, irrespective of race, religion, gender or political affiliation. MSF is therefore guided by the principles of neutrality and impartiality. These principles must apply to all MSF staff.
Minimum Educational Qualification:
· Essential university or technical school diploma: essential construction or engineering related studies.
· Essential previous experience in construction (minimum two years).
· English and Swahili (fluent, oral & written) required. Kirundi will be an asset.
· Panning, coordinating and monitoring all logistics activities in the project related to construction and rehabilitation according to MSF protocols and standards in order to ensure that construction works meet the needs of MSF programmes.
Main competencies and knowledge:
· Detail-oriented, team spirit, verbal communication skills, Good listener, Discreet, Organisational skill, strong motivation to be evolve within an international context, Behavioural flexibility, Stress and time management.
· Computer literacy (Word, Excel and PowerPoint).
Method of ApplicationAll interested applicants should submit cover letter, CV, supporting documents (copies of diplomas) and phone number to: Administrator, MSF Tanzania, Nduta – Please deposit CVs at Nduta camp CV box or send through [email protected]
Please make sure the subject of your email will be: CONSTRUCTION MANAGER – APPLICATION Deadline for the submission of applications is at 4PM on 14/12/2020
Only applications in English or French will be considered. Please note that only short listed candidates will be contacted.