Construction Engineer at ALAF
- Company: ALAF
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Dar Es Salaam Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Engineering Jobs in Tanzania
Responsibility for Internal/External Relations
• Internal: Coordination with, Construction Manager, Design, and supply chain team
• External: Coordination with project manager, subcontractor, and end client
• Develop Construction Plans
• Manage the planning and execution stage of the project.
• Carefully evaluate the construction activity and stages for each project and prepare the scheduling of the project for project management.
• Carefully inspects all drawings before they are implemented.
• Plan personnel flows, tools, machinery, etc, and decide how other functions, contractors, and subcontractors will support ongoing operations in consultation with the construction Engineer/ Manager.
Manage Construction Team
• Manage Construction team, Construction Supervisors under direct supervision.
• Maintain healthy working relationships under supervision as per established labor laws, company policies, and guidelines.
Manage Construction Projects
• Manage cost control, cost accounting, and management of project schedules.
• Constantly refer to schedules to make sure quality work is done on time.
• When needed, facilitate discussions, and create solutions between main contractors and employers.
• Responsible to eliminate disagreements in the field and misunderstandings about expected work outcomes.
Communicate with Team Leadership
• Arrange Weekly meetings with all parties involved in a construction project.
• Provide necessary status updates and respond to questions from contractors, and clients, in consultation with the construction engineer.
• Furthermore, regularly assess all projects to suggest different cost-saving techniques for a project.
• Send weekly project reports to their construction manager/ Manager In-charge/Head of the department.
Responsibility for Physical Assets
• Making sure that Office assets & equipment are efficiently used.
• Works from a great ambiance office with less risk/Ergonomic risk.
• Has out-of-office or field activities
• Degree in Engineering (Civil, Structural), Masters/ MBA project Management will be added advantage.
• General work experience of 10-15 years’ experience
• Industry experience – 10 years
• Must be registered with the engineers registered board -ERB registration must.
• Civil & structural Engineering Core Competency of the highest degree
• Well Versed with Drafting software AutoCAD/ArchiCAD
• Ability to perform under pressure with accuracy.
• Ability to be creative.
• Commercial Awareness skills
• Team oriented.
• Excellent Mathematical Skills and Project and Budget Management Skills
• Proficient in Microsoft Office
• Basic Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
• MS Project Management
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 25th May, 2023.
Dont Miss Latest Jobs In Tanzania. Subscribe Today. CLICK HERE