Compliance Policy Manager at Absa
- Company: Absa
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Dar Es Salaam Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Tanzania
Bring your possibility to life! Define your career with us
With over 100 years of rich history and strongly positioned as a local bank with regional and international expertise, a career with our family offers the opportunity to be part of this exciting growth journey, to reset our future and shape our destiny as a proudly African group.
To support the Head of Regulatory Affairs in establishing robust controls on Compliance policies, engage business to ensure compliance policies align with Enterprises Risk Management Framework (ERMF) requirements.
• Provide compliance support in completing conduct risk assessment
• Provide regulatory support in relation to conduct risk
• Conducting data privacy analysis in ABT products
• Implementing and maintaining compliance risk management processes and methodology in country.
• Provide support to line manager to ensure the business complies with compliance requirements, , by providing specialist support to management in identifying risk, compiling risk management plans, providing the appropriate advice and verification checks to compliance related matters.
Perform analysis of the BU Strategic Initiatives to identifying future plans or decision makings that relate to the following within the product life cycle with the view of identifying areas where possible/potential Conduct risk may exist from:
- Product / Services Design – functions, activities or practices;
- Sales / Services Process – functions, activates or practices;
- Post Sales / Services Process – functions, activates or practices; and
- Governance & Culture – functions, activities or practices.
- Ensure evidences in respect of conduct risk are obtained from the respective business unit to ensure quality of report.
- Manage Conduct risk reporting process, findings and appropriate recommendations for improvement and Road to Green required.
- Tracking issues emanated from conduct risk to ensure road to green goal is attained
· Provide second line of defense oversight relating to their Business Area.
· Conduct second line independent privacy assurance within their Business Area.
· Align privacy requirements of the Business Area with applicable legislation and regulations.
· Co-ordinate privacy process requirements for the Business Area to ensure consistency.
· Oversight and approval of privacy impact assessments as part of the cloud governance process and other change initiatives.
· Track timeous escalation and close out of incidents.
· Co-ordinate actions resulting from data subject requests as these arise.
· Review DWBs prior to submission to the Group Privacy Office to ensure that the risk is acceptable from a business perspective.
· Report DP risks and associated indicators (e.g. Key Risk and Control Indicators) to the Group Privacy Office.
· Act as the single point of contact within the business area for the Group Privacy Office and for all business-related privacy matters.
· Maintain a register of approvals and incidents for the business area.
· Escalate complex DP issues to the Group Privacy Office for assistance and guidance.
· Monitor the completion of online training within the Business Area.
· Identify areas that require additional privacy training and escalate the requirement to the Group Privacy Office as and when needed.
· Monitor the escalation and close out of DP incidents and escalate to the Group Privacy Office where needed.
· Provide input and support where needed for negotiations on third party contracts/initiatives.
- Conduct consultation sessions with the business in all compliance policies and standards
- Conduct gap analysis in compliance policies
- Perform verification checks on compliance policies
- Prepare Risk Management plan (RMP) for compliance and business strategies
- Tracking changes in compliance policies controls and
- Conduct training on compliance policies
- Ensure compliance policies are localized and renewed annually
- Maintain compliance register in align with ARO policy register
Bachelor’s Degree – Business, Commerce and Management Studies, Compliance Advisory & Interpretation (Meets some of the requirements and would need further development), Compliance Experience, Digital familiarity (Meets some of the requirements and would need further development), Ethics and values (Meets all of the requirements), Leading people – Team level (Meets some of the requirements and would need further development), Openness to change (Meets some of the requirements and would need further development), Reasoning (Meets all of the requirements
Method of Application
Closing Date : 2nd August, 2020.