Compliance Officer at HJFMRI
- Company: HJFMRI
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Mbeya Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Tanzania
The role of a Compliance Officer, is to ensure HJFMRI-TZ is in compliance with national laws, donor and organizational rules and regulations while observing professional standards, accepted business practices, and strengthening internal controls.
Reports To: Compliance Manager
Location: Dar-es-salaam, Tanzania
There is both an ethical component and a programmatic component to the compliance officer’s role. The role is crucial in helping organization manage risk, maintain a positive reputation, and avoid lawsuits.
- Facilitate daily review of all payments such as travel advances, advance liquidations, working advances, staff payment requisitions, vendor payment requisitions, petty cash requests, mileage reimbursement requests and others as assigned by the Compliance Manager and controller
- Assist in review of financial, operational or program processes as directed by the Compliance Manager and Controller and recommend changes to address any identified gaps
- Assist in program trainings, campaigns, meeting and others as assigned by the Compliance Manager and Controller in order to observe, perform physical inspection and/or verify execution of the activities in accordance to the established SOPs, policies or existing regulations.
- Assist, in conjunction with the Compliance Manager and Regional Audit Team, planning and/or execution of audits or review projects to strengthen internal controls across all HJFMRI locations. i.e. Southern Highland, TDPF and other.
- Help in review of staff per diem reports, allowance rates and advance liquidation reports submitted by staff, and recommend policy changes and control changes to further enhance accounting systems in the Mbeya and Dar es Salaam offices.
- Assist in conducting independent audits and investigations, as needed, at the discretion of the Compliance Manager or Controller. Other duties as assigned by the Compliance Manager, Controller and /or ED
- Communicate to Compliance Manager/Controller/ ED any noted inconsistency identified during review or in the course of carrying out his/her duties
- Assist in day to day monitoring and oversight of all aspects for statutory compliance for HJFMRI Tanzania, including local reporting and compliance with applicable tax rules and regulations, as stipulated by the Tanzania Revenue Authority (TRA) and other regulatory bodies within Tanzania.
Desired Skills and Qualities:
- Analytical; ability to collect and analyze data (e.g. financial or operational) to establish trends/patterns and identify any variations/deviations from the norm
- Computer Adept; experienced in use of computer systems and applications such as Microsoft Office Tools (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint) for analysis, report writing and presentations.
- Team Player; capable of working with others in a constructive, supportive and productive manner
- Good Communicator; able to share views, opinions and present matters clearly in a private and/or public setting
- Flexible; ability to adapt to changing environments and capable of working in different settings (e.g. at office or in the field)
- Responsible and Accountable; works diligently and able to take ownership of his/her work.
- Self-driven; capable of thinking creatively and establish own initiatives independently to strengthen the control environment or improve efficiency and effectiveness of program processes
Qualification and Experience:
- Advanced Diploma/University degree in Accounting, Finance or any other Business Majors from a recognized institution.
- Investigation skills
- A minimum of 3 years working experience in audit, compliance, accounting/finance or risk management field
Method of Application
Cover letters and resumes should be sent by mail through post/EMS/DHL/ or any reliable Courier to the Human Resources and Administration Manager, P.O. Box 6396, Mbeya or sent through e-mail to [email protected]
NOTE: To be considered, applicants must put the TITLE OF THE JOB in the SUBJECT LINE. “CVs should not include any reference to marital status, birthplace, or tribal or religious affiliations. Any CVs containing this information will not be considered for employment”. Applications that are hand-delivered will not be accepted. The deadline for submitting the application is August 31st , 2020.
HJFMRI is an equal opportunity employer; women are highly encouraged to apply.