Compliance Monitoring and Training Officer at Exim Bank
- Company: Exim Bank
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Dar Es Salaam Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Tanzania
1. PURPOSE OF JOB
Support to implement the bank’s AML Monitoring strategies and goals across the bank, providing guidance on the program. Ensure Bank has relevant, up to date and adequate policies, procedures, processes, and strong controls to support management of Financial Crime Compliance (FCC) Risks; FCC risks include Money Laundering, Terrorism Financing, Sanctions, and Anti-Bribery & Corruptions Risks.
2. KEY ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Maintain a current understanding of money laundering and terrorist financing issues, including policies, procedures, regulations, industry best practice, criminal typologies and developing trends.
• Support the Financial Crime Compliance Manager on developing annual conformance testing schedule across relevant business units. Conduct conformance reviews of the Bank’s AML, ABC and Sanctions Compliance programs.
• Participating in annual Financial Crime Risk Assessments – play a key role in the assessment through all stages and provide timely updates to Financial Crime Compliance Manager on results of the risk assessments.
• Review new products and services to ensure appropriate consideration of key AML/CFT and Sanctions compliance risks are identified and plan for mitigation are in place.
• Support the Financial Crime Compliance Manager on implementing and coordinating FCC Risk Management Processes while challenging the First Line of Defence (FLoD) on the effectiveness of controls.
• Consistent with AML regulations and policy recommend De-Risking Initiatives to management based on increased Customer’s or Product Risks
Profile against established Bank’s AML Risk Appetite.
• Design Risk Based Financial Crime Compliance Trainings and ensure training requirements are implemented across the bank by all staff.
• Support business to understand AML/KYC requirements, consistent with AML regulations and Exim AML Policy.
• Assist in identifying systemic procedural weaknesses and additional training requirements for the Bank.
• As an AML subject matter expert provide direction and guidance to employees on appropriate remediation action for high-risk accounts.
• Support the Manager Financial Crime Compliance on the day-to-day compliance oversight efforts of the AML/KYC Compliance Programs.
• Timely execution of instructions received from higher authority.
• Support Business on Performing customer & correspondent Banks due diligence and recommend appropriate risk-based actions to be taken concerning customer relationship during on boarding and on periodic basis.
• Assist with money laundering related queries/questionnaires received from correspondents Banks.
• Advise management on current issues regarding correspondent banking.
• Investigate, review, and resolve AML related and economic sanction related alerts.
• Assist in the development of in-person AML /Sanctions Compliance Training for new employees.
• Prepare weekly, bi-weekly, monthly, and quarterly reports to Financial Crime Manager.
• Ensure AML tools, systems are properly working.
• Take part in planning executing and monitoring activities associated with compliance issues/matters.
• Support the development and implementation of compliance programs with a focus on refining existing compliance programs and development of new programs in response to evolving regulatory, legal, and business requirements.
• Support and advice line manager on strategies for continuous improvement of the compliance function, including seeking best practices through internal assessments, external benchmarking and networking with peer groups and trade associations; establishing or participating in professional organizations or associations of regulatory/legislative compliance professionals.
• Perform research and prepare summaries of legislation/regulation for issuance to internal operational and functional constituencies.
• Preparation of corporate reports and documents to various regulatory authorities.
• Any other duties assigned from upper authority.
• A good understanding of the market dynamics and customer attributes.
• Analyzing, planning, organizing, Learning & Researching.
• Achieving Personal Work Goals and Objectives.
• Entrepreneurial and business acumen.
• Knowledge of regulatory framework within a banking environment.
• Ability to professionally interact with external and internal stakeholders.
• Ability to work independently or as a part of a team.
• Ability to accommodate operational and functional ambiguity and charge.
• Proven ability to influence others and to achieve tangible business result while incorporating compliance processes, systems and resources into all aspects of corporate operations.
4 QUALIFICATION AND SKILLS
• Bachelor’s degree from a reputable university preferably in Law, Economics, Finance, Risk Management, or related discipline.
• Minimum of 4 years of experience in the banking industry or regulatory environment in AML/CFT and Sanctions compliance and Audit.
• Experience in Risk and Operations Management, together with business management, from a frontline role in Commercial Banking.
• Holder of ACAMS Certifications (CAMS or Certified Global Sanctions Specialist) or intention to be certified within six months of employment.
• Strong passion and understanding of corporate governance and regulatory environment.
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with experience of dealing with executives at all levels including the capacity to articulate the case for risk management and policy in the language of business.
• Carry out work in accordance with the bank’s procedures.
• Perform the assigned tasks with due diligence.
• Eliminate waste of whatever form, suggest the use of new practices and contribute to the continuous improvement of the bank.
Method of ApplicationTo apply, please send your CV along with all academic certificates to [email protected] with the subject line: JOB APPLICATION: Compliance Monitoring and Training Officer
Deadline: 24th September, 2023. (Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted)