Community Relation Superintendent at Barrick
- Company: Barrick
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Tanzania Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Tanzania
- Provide leadership, oversight, management and support for the functional areas of the Community Relations Section (Community Engagement, Community Development, Communications, Government and Civil Society Relations, Local Content and CR Administration)
- Promote and implement the mine’s CR strategy, policies and standards
- Ensure that community development initiatives are sustainable and based on a clearly spelled out objective and linked to the business case
- Lead the roll out of the Barrick Gold CR Management System at North Mara Gold Mine
- Manage the Section budget and financial recording keeping.
- Oversee reporting and performance management.
- Develop appropriate systems to monitor, evaluate and communicate the activities of the CR department
- Act as a key member of the site management team
- Ensure effective communication and understanding of how CR issues and programmes align with mine and company operations and priorities
- Collaboration with other departments to pursue both company and community interests by
- Identifying and addressing social impacts and opportunities to local communities from the mine’s activities
- Identifying and addressing social risks and opportunities to the business
- Ensuring strategic alignment and sustainability of north mara gold mine community engagement and development programs
- Ensuring the CR Section can meet overall business objectives
External Stakeholder Relations
- Liaise with key external stakeholders, including local government authorities, civil society , media and traditional community leaders
- For the mine’s external relations generally, help envision, initiate ideas, provide direction and take corrective action as required
- Partner with suitable organizations in order to address the real, long term development needs of the local communities
- Attract, develop and retain a highly effective CR team
- Ensure employees achieve their full potential through mentoring and training
- Work closely with consultants and external expertise as required
- Contribute to strengthening of the CR function within Barrick Gold
- Define performance objectives for each team member including individual development plans
- Demonstrate and coach teamwork
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree in sociology, economics, community development, regional planning, negotiation and conflict resolution or related discipline
- Post-graduate qualification highly desirable
- Excellent cross-cultural communication skills
Experience and Competencies needed
- More than 5 years in managerial experience dealing with extractive industry external/ community relations or similar in a developing country
- Solid understanding of best practice in corporate social responsibility, including resettlement
- Specific expertise in one or more of the following: rural development, communications, government relations or interest-based negotiation/ mediation
- Professional level fluency in written and spoken English
- Strong computer skills
Our mission is to be the world’s most valued gold and copper mining business. We are committed to partnering with our host countries and communities to transform their natural resources into tangible benefits and mutual prosperity.
With operating mines and projects in 18 countries, Barrick’s highly diversified workforce is drawn almost entirely from our host nations and equipped with world-class skills. We set the gold standard in sustainability by embedding environmental, social and economic considerations into all of our business decisions.
The company’s shares trade on the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol GOLD and on the Toronto Stock Exchange under the symbol ABX. Learn more at www.barrick.com or follow us on LinkedIn.
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 20th April, 2023.
Dont Miss Latest Jobs In Tanzania. Subscribe Today. CLICK HERE