Community Program Management Officer Dreams at HJFMRI
- Company: HJFMRI
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Mbeya Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Tanzania
Job Title: Community Program Management Officer DREAMS (1 Position)
Reports to: Program Advisor for DREAMS and GBV
The Program Officer is responsible for ensuring the integration of DREAMS Initiative interventions within the HJF Medical Research International combination HIV prevention activities, including providing close oversight of CSOs implementing DREAMS interventions in the regions. S/he works closely with CSOs DREAMS Coordinators, Program workers and SI Community Coordinator to ensure the alignment of DREAMS activities and interventions across the project. S/he directly supports the Program Advisor for DREAMS and GBV in the design, roll-out and day-to-day management and implementation of community-based prevention interventions with AGYW focusing on social and structural change approaches to HIV prevention in Tanzania; addressing gender roles and cultural norms, behavior change with multiple concurrent partners, and rights-based programming.
- Build the capacity of the District teams, Facility health workers and community providers health workers to provide services on DREAMS initiative as per the National guidelines
- Provide technical assistance for DREAMS services through trainings and on site mentorship activities using the national curriculum, guidelines and protocols.
- Work closely with the project Strategic Information team to ensure regular updates of the DREAMS tracker and accurate and timely reporting.
- Strengthen referral and linkages between health facility and community service delivery points for the identified AGYW.
- Support establishment of community and facility Quality Improvement teams to support implementation of AGYW risk reduction plans
- Strengthen coordination among other DREAM partners in the region.
- Develop plans and budgets and submit quarterly, annual and ad hoc DREAMS progress reports.
- Develops and maintain good working relationships with other partners, governmental and nongovernmental, within the four regions;
- Liaise with the Strategic Information Department to ensure that the DREAMS components are functional (e.g. clarity of indicators, quality of M&E data collection tools, data quality and reporting).
- Identify and document best practices · Perform any other duties assigned by the supervisor
- Bachelor Degree in public health, cultural anthropology, sociology, social work, program management or related degree program, [higher degree preferred].
- At least 4 years of experience implementing HIV programs with significant emphasis on adolescent girls and young women; with increasing levels of leadership and management expertise.
- At least 3 years of experience managing technical and program staff.
- Excellent written and oral communications skills.
- Fluent in English and Kiswahili.
- Ability to travel domestically up to 50%.
- Expertise in family planning programming desirable.
- Expertise in behavior change communication, economic strengthening interventions desirable.
- Experience working with NGOs, FBOs/CBOs at the community level;
- Knowledge of the current developments and best practices in the field of HIV and AIDS, globally and in Tanzania
Method of Application
Cover letters and resumes should be sent by mail through post/EMS/DHL/ or any reliable Courier to the Human Resources and Administration Manager, P.O. Box 6396, Mbeya or sent through e-mail to [email protected]
NOTE: To be considered, applicants must put the TITLE OF THE JOB in the SUBJECT LINE. “CVs should not include any reference to marital status, birthplace, or tribal or religious affiliations. Any CVs containing this information will not be considered for employment”. Applications that are hand-delivered will not be accepted. The deadline for submitting the application is August 31st , 2020.
HJFMRI is an equal opportunity employer; women are highly encouraged to apply.