Community/KVP service Officer (2) at Amref Health Africa
- Company: Amref Health Africa
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Zanzibar Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Tanzania
Amref Health Africa in Tanzania is a non-profit public health organization supporting the Government of Tanzania to address public health issues including maternal and child health, HIV, TB, Malaria and Nutrition in Tanzania since 1987. Amref Health Africa in Tanzania is funded by The U.S. President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR) through CDC Tanzania, to execute a robust HIV care and treatment clinical cascade project aiming to accelerate the achievement of the current 95-95-95 goals and the HIV epidemic control in Tanzania. The project branded as Afya Kamilifu Project is implemented in Tanga and Zanzibar since October, 2018, Simiyu Region since 2020. From October 2021 this project will extend its operations to Mara Region covering facility based and community based HIV care and treatment services. Afya Kamilifu project works – in collaboration with and with guidance from the Tanzania Ministry of Health, Community Development, Gender, Elderly and Children, Zanzibar Ministry of health and President’s Office Regions Authority and Local Government (PORALG). That said, Amref Health Africa -Tanzania is announcing the following vacancies to be filled soon:
Position Title: Community/KVP service Officer (2)
Reports To: Regional Project Manager
Work Station: Zanzibar & Mara
The Community Service Officer leads the implementation of day-to-day field/community-based HIV testing and prevention program targeting key and vulnerable populations (KVP). S/he will work closely with the R/CHMTs and the respective advisor to ensure delivery of community-based HIV testing services for target beneficiaries.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop work plan for day-to-day program implementation at the district level including supervision of field activities
- Supervise the delivery of field-based HIV prevention services to the KPs/PPs including scheduling and implementing day and night mobile outreach campaigns.
- Conduct day-to-day program implementation at the site level including preparing logistics for field activities.
- Supervising HIV testing and pre/post-test counseling with KP/PPs, and facilitate referrals for HIV positive clients.
- Support project initiatives in ensuring safety and ethical index testing services by adherence to set standards, IPV risk assessment and adverse events monitoring
- Mentor and supervise community outreach volunteers regularly during outreach sessions and lead weekly outreach volunteer meetings and capacitate Community assistants;
- Assist in designing and implementation of innovative KVPs services ensuring KVP cascade is maintained
- Ensure adequate supplies of commodities to community volunteers, Expert client and Health Care Workers
- Organize healthcare workers who are engaged from health facilities to provide services in community-based activities via onsite supportive supervision and mentoring.
- Conduct training/orientation of healthcare workers in the selected health facilities on KP/PP program
- Supervise the delivery of PrEP & HIVST services ensuring smooth integration and efficiency of all PrEP & HIVST activities in community outreach session
- Provide mentorship and capacity building to Health Workers on implementation and documentation of PrEP & HIVST services
- Track and monitor PrEP & HIVST supplies ensuring accurately project monthly needs and document consumption
- Regularly conduct routine mapping/re-mapping of hot spots and size estimation where KPs and PPs are found
- Identifying/screening, recruiting, and training community outreach volunteers from peer groups to implement the outreach services.
- Perform other duties as assigned by Supervisor
Qualifications, Experience & Skills Required
- Medical qualified candidate with a Bachelor’s Degree or higher including: BSc Nursing, MD or DDS.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience providing HIV testing and counselling services with demonstrated familiarity with MOH systems, tools and procedure for HIV testing and care management
- Excellent speaking, reading, and writing skills in English and Kiswahili. Excellent computer skills, at minimum with Microsoft Office package.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality regarding clients’ health status and sensitive information in data sources.
- Flexibility to work after normal working hours and weekends at informal gatherings and entertainment centers and travel extensively to remote areas
- Ability to interact well with all targeted groups and peer outreach workers by facilitating a non-judgmental, non-discriminatory, and non-stigmatizing environment in the program, to welcome all key and vulnerable population beneficiaries regardless of their background
- Preference given to those who have additional experience with community-based HIV programs targeting KVP
Method of ApplicationIf you meet the criteria given above and interested in the vacancies, please send an application letter and CV combined in as one PDF document indicating your present employer and position, daytime telephone contact, names and addresses of three referees.
All interviews will be conducted at Amref Health Africa country Office in Dar es Salaam for shortlisted applicants. To be considered, your application must be received by 16.30 HOURS August 07, 2021. The subject line of your job application email should mention the job position that you are applying as it appears in this advertisement. Failure to do that your application may not easily be retrieved.
All correspondences and applications should be emailed to: [email protected] Amref Health Africa is an equal opportunity employer and has a nonsmoking environment policy “Amref Health Africa is committed to the principles of safeguarding in workplace and will not tolerate any form of abuse, wherever it occurs or whoever is responsible” Any Applicant attempting or communicating to the Amref Health Africa Management or Staff through phone calls, sms, text emails and other means will automatically be discqualified from this opportunity. All communications should be channeled to the provided official correspondence email above Amref health Africa –Tanzania regrets that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.