Community Engagement Officers at National Youth Information Centre (NICE)
- Company: National Youth Information Centre (NICE)
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Dar Es Salaam Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Tanzania
National Youth Information Centre (NICE) is a local non-governmental and non-profit organization formed and registered in 2001 under Trustees’ incorporation ordinance of 1956 (cap 375) thereafter was awarded with NGO’s compliance certificate number 0768 in 2008.
The organization has the vision of building Tanzania with youth that are healthier, educated, functioning and with their human rights are respected. NICE empowers youth to make informed decisions about all aspects of their lives through the provision of information in the form of Training, Research, Advocacy, Publications and Documentations.
NICE whose head office is in Mbeya, has been implementing a comprehensive integrated care and support program for vulnerable children and families. It also implements evidence-based interventions on HIV prevention, HIV adherence support, and family planning to key and vulnerable populations (KVPs) in Mbeya region.
In collaboration with the Ministry of Health Community Development Gender, Elderly and Children (MoHCDGEC) and the President’s Office Regional Administration and Local Government (PORALG), NICE In partnership with FHI360,is implementing a five-year global project funded by the U.S. President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR) and the U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID).The Meeting Targets and Maintaining Epidemic Control (EpiC) project is dedicated to achieve and maintain HIV epidemic control. The project provides strategic technical assistance (TA) and direct service delivery (DSD) to break through barriers to 95-95-95 and promote self-reliant management of national HIV programs by improving HIV case-finding, prevention, and treatment programming. EpiC will be implementing an HIV service delivery project among key and priority populations, adolescent girls, and young women (AGYW) which aims to reduce HIV infections in pursuit of reaching 95-95-95 goals. To achieve this goal, the program will support targeted prevention and case finding strategies at community level among the targeted populations.
NICE is looking for highly motivated and self-driven individuals to fill the following vacancies in Tunduru District in Ruvuma Region .
COMMUNITY ENGAGEMENT OFFICERS (1 Position)
Report to: Program manager
Location: Tunduru, DC
Terms of employment: 6 Months contract for FY 23 with option for renewal for FY 24/25
The Community Engagement Officer under NICE will work in collaboration with Biomedical technical officer at district levels and community in respective Council to implement HIV prevention program targeting population at risk, KVP, Vulnerable Adolescent Girls and Young women female sex workers, she/he will monitor the implementation of the SBCC, structural and gender activities in compliance with the overall regional work plan.
She/he will play a key role in ensuring that the Community activities (SBCC, structural and gender activities) are conducted according to the National standards and EpiC standard operating procedures, and that beneficiaries receive quality services; she/he will also play a crucial role in supervising and building the capacity of Peer Educators, Navigators and mobilizers for effective and efficiently implementation of activities during outreach activities (mobile testing and moonlight approaches) for HTS provision. She will be managing all community activities through conducting progress review meetings in monthly basis with all peers (educators, mobilizers, navigators) and health care providers. She/he will be coordinating the case management team with health facilities and community for continuum of care. Also, will be responsible in monitoring Gender based/Intimate partners Violence cases includes status of referral and linkages.
Main Accountabilities and Responsibilities;
A: Community Engagement
- Supervising and managing all peers (educators, mobilizers, navigators), by making sure community activities are well planned and implemented to facilitate Comprehensive HIV service provision (HTS, PrEP, HIVST, TB, GBV and Family planning)
- Supervision of HTS service including mobile testing, self-testing, and index testing to reach key population.
- Supporting Peer (Educator’s mobilizers, navigators) to roll out SBCC Training among in respective community.
- Supporting Peer (educators, mobilizers, navigators) during Community works including demand creation, group education, individual education, outreach services for both moonlight and mobile testing and client’s referrals and linkages.
- Supervising and supporting formation of PrEP groups in the project by making sure groups are managed by the team members for sustainability in working area.
- Supervising and monitoring community activities that includes SBCC activities to ensure Peer (educators, mobilizers, navigators) have all required tools etc.
- Work in collaborative with LGA’s in managing community engagement portfolio.
- Coordinate and support the Peers (educators, mobilizers, navigators) to implement and monitor the timely implementation of comprehensive HIV services and provision of friendly services to all KVP clients
- Manage peer educators and peer navigator to ensure proper planning and implementation of community engagement related activities like demand creation, group, and individual education sessions.
- Support PEs to ensure that vulnerability index tool administered and filed for all AGYW enrolled in the project.
- Support establishment of case management team in conjunction with health facility.
- Work with project and district officials to facilitate community engagement trainings to, peer educators and navigators and other relevant training required.
- Support integration of HTS with other biomedical and behavioral intervention to key population
- Establish effective work relationship with other stakeholders and CHMT partners on program activities
- Work with Peers (educators, mobilizers, navigators) to identify and link KVP clients to other implementing partners for psychosocial support.
- Work collaboratively with other project team members to ensure necessary program planning, development, and management activities function smoothly and efficiently and in an integrated manner
- Qualification University degree or diploma in social sciences, public health, Community development, or related field.
- 2-3 years’ progressive experience working with key population groups, and familiarity with national and international recommended policies.
- 2-3 years’ experience of supporting SBCC interventions for HIV and GBV prevention programming for Key and vulnerable Populations
- Very good communication skills
- Facilitation skills and ability to communicate with different groups of people/beneficiaries in communities
- Excellent writing skills
- Ability to meet short deadlines and willingness to work additional hours to meet deadlines.
- Computer competence including Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and Excel.
- Written and oral English and Swahili fluency
- Very good level of flexibility.
Method of ApplicationAll qualified and interested candidates are highly encouraged to apply by submitting a letter of interest, CV with 3 referees and copy of certificates by emails
The Executive Director
National Youth Information Centre
Tunduru,Ruvuma E-mail:[email protected]
No application will be accepted after 5.00 pm on 13/04/2023. No hard copies will be accepted
NICE is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin or disability status.
Dont Miss Latest Jobs In Tanzania. Subscribe Today. CLICK HERE