Community Engagement Officer at TAWIDO
- Company: TAWIDO
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Dar Es Salaam Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Tanzania
TAWIDO is a Non-Governmental Organization led and established by women in 2011 with the aim of promoting health, gender equality, and human rights among the women and vulnerable girls in the community. It was registered in 2013 and obtained its compliance certificate of registration No. 00NGO/R/0169 under NGO Act of 2002 to operate in Tanzania mainland. TAWIDO works to ensure development, care and protection of women and vulnerable adolescent girls by raising awareness about their rights and opportunities for development. Among other things, TAWIDO runs the helpline/ Call Center that through the Bulk SMS, Interactive Voice Response, SMS Chart Platform and toll-free services is brings the aspect of awareness, counselling, referral and linkage of clients to services from the broad network of service providers in all regions of Tanzania. TAWIDO has a solid experience in implementing global HIV programs, offering services among key and vulnerable population ranging from prevention to ART initiation as well as fighting stigma and discrimination.
TAWIDO is currently implementing EpiC project in Kinondoni Municipal which is funded by USAID through FHI360 with the aim of addressing critical gaps and bottlenecks in the response to HIV among key and vulnerable population.
To facilitate smooth implementation of this project, TAWIDO wishes to recruit qualified, experienced, motivated and dynamic individuals in the following position available;
Community Engagement Officer(1 Post)
Work Station: Kinondoni – Dar es salaam
Reporting to: Project Manager
Duration: 11 Months/Renewable (full time)
Qualifications and other requirements specific to the role;
- Bachelor’ degree in community development, project management, Health Information, Social Work or other related degree with 2 to 5 years of relevant experience working in similar roles.
- Knowledge of health and development programs in Tanzania including familiarity with the national guidelines, standards and protocols.
- Experience in working with LGA, NGOs, CBOs and health facilities to implement public health projects, especially those working with vulnerable populations.
- Ability to manage tight deadlines and deliver high volumes of work with minimal supervision.
- Well-developed computer skills with high degree of proficiency in statistical applications.
- All applicants should attach their academic certificates, application letter, and updated resume/ curriculum vitae
Method of ApplicationAll applications are to be lodged through email: [email protected]
All candidates are required to mention the ‘Position Title’ on the subject line of the e-mail.
All applicants MUST attach cover letter and their updated Curriculum Vitae as a single document with certified copies of academic certificates as supporting documents to their applications.
All applications should be submitted not later than 23:59 HRS on Wednesday 4th October, 2023. Contact us through
-Toll free: 0800110039
-Phone number: +255 689 803 786TAWIDO is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices on the basis of Age, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, marital status, disability, age, membership in an employee organization or other non-merit factors.