Community Engagement Officer at ASUTA
- Company: ASUTA
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Dar Es Salaam Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Tanzania
Job Title: Community Engagement Officer
Job Location: Dar es salaam
Company; Asasi ya Uwezeshaji Tanzania – ASUTA
Asasi ya Uwezeshaji Tanzania – ASUTA working in partnership with FHI 360 on Epidemic Control (EpiC) which is a global project funded by the U.S. President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR) and the U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID) which is dedicated to achieving and maintaining HIV epidemic control. It is led by FHI 360 as prime and has a five-year period of performance from April 15, 2019 to April 14, 2024
- Coordinate, supervise and manage field interventions conducted by Community Based Health Service (CBHS) providers and report on deliverables. Also, s/he will play a liaison role between local community leadership, Municipal authority, Police Gender Desk and the Organisation on course of program implementation in various trainings, workshops and meetings.
- Support daily PEs intervention and report,
- Ensure objectives of the EpiC are met:
- Work closely with other team members under Data, Biomedical team and Regional team,
- Monitoring of classes handled by PEs and provides necessary support,
- To develop at least 1 or more program success story in a month,
- Mainstreaming and developing KPs at risk in accessing to education, reproductive health, HIV, HTC, GBV and entrepreneurship,
- Providing comprehensive campaign for behavioral change communication within communities at risk,
- Focusing on negative behaviors in communities which prevent young women participation in social changes, self-reliance and health services,
- To develop at least 1 funding project proposal for ASUTA in quarterly basis,
- Collaborate with Data M&E manager/officer to prepare periodic, field, monthly, quarterly and annual reports,
- Prepare Weekly, Monthly and quarterly report and consolidated report to donor with support from Program Manager,
- Improving the performance of PEs at their local operation areas.
- Work with the project team members ensuring training inclusion in key workshops and capacity building events
- Collaborating with project manager to ensure smooth implementations of project activities.
- And other work as directed by Project Manager.
Qualification and Experience
Education and Experience
- Degree in Sociology, Social Work, Commerce (Marketing), community development and related field.
- 2 years’ experience in managing health programs in NGO setting planning, designing, supervising, reporting and evaluating healthcare programs
- Previous experience and understanding of Gender policies and women’ rights policies is preferred
- Experience of working in key population programs is an Added advantages
- Demonstrated ability in managing teams to achieve health results
- Ability to develop productive working relationships with counterparts and other agencies and organizations worldwide
- Aware of and sensitive to working in multiple socio-economic settings and with multicultural/behavioural groups
- Proven leadership skills as well as skills in facilitation, team building and coordination
- Excellent written and oral communication and presentation skills in English and Kiswahili
- Willingness to work overtime for project success
Method of ApplicationInterested candidates, who meet the above requirements, should send a CV, passport size photo and cover letter (only). Through our email address [email protected] and their email subject should indicate the position applied.
Closing Date The closing date for applications is 18th February 2021. Each application should include at least three referees Telephone contacts must be submitted with the application. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interview.