Community District Data Officer (16) at MDH
- Company: MDH
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Dar Es Salaam Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Tanzania
POSITION: Community District Data Officer (16 Posts)
LOCATION: Geita, Kagera, Tabora & Dar es Salaam
REPORTS TO: Community Project Manager
Job Summary: The Community District Data Officer is responsible to oversee overall community data collection, analysis, and reporting. She/He is responsible to oversee data officers, community volunteers in the district including providing continuous support and mentorship on data entry and submission.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. To develop, modify and maintain database entry and cleaning programs in the respective district.
2. To develop data input controls, range and logic checks, and other data management processes based on input from other team members.
3. To ensure the accuracy of data entry and collaborate with program staff to resolve data entry issues.
4. To design, modify, generate, and maintain database reports in collaboration with regional community data manager.
5. To train data entry team and volunteers in the use of both mobile and desktop data entry and cleaning programs.
6. To adopt and enforce standard operating procedures for QA/QC, evaluation of data entry accuracy, and work performance of the field data team staff members.
7. To develop relevant knowledge and skills through training and self-study; remain current on new trends in DBMS; and inform program development management.
8. To perform any other related duties as may be assigned by the supervisor.
Requirements: Education, Work experience and Skills:
1. Bachelor Degree in Computer Science, Health Informatics, Statistics or related field.
2. A minimum of three (3) years’ experience working with data management systems in the community HIV/AIDS program settings.
3. Experience with National HIV M&E system especially CTC-2, CTC3 and paper-based M&E tools (CTC-2, HTS registers).
4. Strong knowledge in PEPFAR reporting system (DATIM) and MER indicators.
5. Demonstrated experience with use and manipulation of mobile data collection tools such as open data kit (ODK), Commcare and Kobo toolbox.
6. Working knowledge on intermediate excel tools such as pivot tables, COUNTIF and SUMIF functions.
7. Working experience with various data analytic applications such as STATA and R.
8. Ability to communicate fluently in both English and Kiswahili.
9. Ability to work both individually and as part of a team with minimal supervision.
Method of ApplicationInterested candidates for any of the above positions should submit an application letter, a detailed copy of their CV, names and contact information (email addresses and telephone numbers) of three work related referees. The candidate MUST clearly indicate the Title of the position applied for (as it appears in the advertisement) on the heading of the email. Applications should be submitted to the Human Resource Director through email [email protected] by 30th September 2021.
MDH DO NOT have any agents and DO NOT charge any fees to the interested candidates. Kindly note that only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.