Community Coordinator at Justdiggit
- Company: Justdiggit
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Arusha & Moshi Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Tanzania
DIGITAL COMMUNITY COORDINATOR
At Justdiggit, we are passionately committing ourselves to landscape
restoration in Sub-Saharan Africa. To strengthen our team and further our
mission, we are looking for a Community Coordinator with digital
experience that helps to inspire and engage smallholder farmers via
mobile technology, so they can regreen their land by themselves.
40 hours per week
We have a hugely ambitious goal: we want to inspire 350 million subsistence
farmers in Sub-Saharan Africa to regreen their own land before 2030!
If we bring back nature on a large enough scale, we can positively impact climate
change. Together with farmers, pastoralists, and local partners, we cool down
the planet by regreening dry and degraded land in Sub-Saharan Africa. We
combine traditional and scalable nature-based solutions with data,
communication and (mobile) technology. Our goal is not just to regreen Africa;
it’s to grow an interconnected grassroots regreening movement that inspires
people all over the world to DIG IN for our planet.
We currently have two main offices, in Amsterdam and Nairobi, and 60
passionate employees divided over 9 countries: Kenya, Tanzania, Senegal,
Ethiopia, Togo, Madagascar, the Netherlands, United Kingdom and Germany.
USING MOBILE TECHNOLOGY FOR REGREENING
As mobile Internet penetration increases and the use of smart (feature) phones get more and more common in rural Africa, we see a big opportunity to spread the knowledge of regreening further.
Our big ambition (our “Earth shot” so to say) is to develop a digital platform to reach subsistence farmers in Sub-Saharan Africa directly and support them in regreening their own land. This includes the development of an app and other means of communication (SMS, social media and more). Combined with our strong communication skills and network of partners, we are convinced we can reach and inspire millions of farmers in Sub¬Saharan Africa. In essence, we want to make every farmer with a mobile phone an ambassador of regreening!
You will build up and maintain a community around our Digital Regreening Platform. At first the community will consist of mostly app testers, but this group of early adopters should quickly grow into a big community of farmers, pastoralists, ambassadors and trainers sharing stories, successes and challenges in regreening land digitally. In your role, you will foster a positive, trusted and communicative community that feels heard and appreciated. Ultimately, the content of the app also inspires, educates and activates farmers that are not connected to the Internet.
• Strategy for developing the online community
• Growing the core community in size and activity, finding new users and onboarding in the community
• Create posts and messages (depending on channel) based on app content
• The position will include post scheduling, posting, and driving community engagement
• Replying and engaging current community members on our owned channels, but also reaching out to existing communities
• Work closely with the Technical and Communication team to review content and ensure alignment with brand strategy and guidelines
WHAT WE ASK
. 3+ years experience working in social media, content creation, community management or similar
• Preference for any agricultural practical experience or educational background
• Being able to create and implement a community management strategy
• Social media skills (experience in Facebook, TikTok and Instagram)
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
• Ability to create engaging content
. Fluency in both English and Swahili . Organisational and project management skills
WHAT WE OFFER
• Be part of a great mission: regreen our planet!
• As part of a fast-growing organisation, there will be ample room for personal and professional development
• 25 days of leave based on a full-time position (40 hours per week)
• A flexible and hybrid working environment . Great colleagues and a diverse team