Community Based Rehabilitation Officer (CBR) at HelpAge International
- Company: HelpAge International
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Dar Es Salaam Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Tanzania - NGO Jobs in Tanzania
Community Based Rehabilitation Officer (CBR) One Position
HelpAge International would like to recruit professionals with multi skills in promoting health and wellbeing of people living with disabilities, chronic illnesses and older age to enable them to participate in the everyday occupations of life including:- mobility, self-care activities (showering, dressing, preparing food, eating and personal hygiene), productive activities, being part of a community group, engaging in development activities. The recruited professional should also be capable of enabling people experiencing disability to identify and implement methods that support their participation in occupations. The recruited professional should be able to work in a wide range of public and private settings including communities, public and private health facilities, people’s homes, educational facilities and non-government organisations.
S/he is responsible for the overall delivery of outcomes at field level related to the PSN(People with specific needs) rehabilitation and restoration at the CBR centres and communities. The incumbent will work with the CBR team to ensure that key project outcomes are achieved at scale as per the donor and HelpAge approaches and strategies. The incumbent will also play a key role in building the capacity of Incentive workers on issue of rehabilitation, case management, physiotherapy and orthopedic while adhering to multidisciplinary approach in delivering services to people with specific needs within the refugee camps and surrounding host communities.
Role and Responsibilities
- Conducting identification and functional assessment of People with specific needs at the CBR centre and ensure their rehabilitation needs, and physiotherapy treatment plan.
- Conducting weekly outreach visit, home visits and providing support to persons with disabilities and older people to identify their needs and responding accordingly at filed level.
- Ensuring identified needs of People with disability at the field level are met with quality care and support and meets standards practices in line with the medical rehabilitation protocols, international classification tools of disabilities and functional disorders.
- Taking the roles of monitoring the work of other CBR incentive staff administratively in collaboration with the Protection programme Officer and track the implementation of weekly plans to meet the needs of people with specific needs as planned for community outreach workers.
- Mobilizing people with specific needs and assist them to form their self-help groups in collaboration with community-based structures.
- Organizing ways to create awareness on the needs of rehabilitation support and protection of the People with specific needs and other forms of vulnerability in the community.
- Ensuring clients to access simple Orthopaedic items according to the available local resources in coordination with the Protection Programme Officer and the whole CBR team.
- Training and support the CBR rehabilitation assistants/incentive workers (Orthopedic) to meet project objectives by liaising with them, coaching, mentoring, counseling, demonstrating, advising and facilitating.
- Identifying and implement ways to increase awareness of support to cases with Orthopaedic needs in the community and participate in organizing on job training/sessions to the community (caregivers/parents of people with specific needs) on the management of different types of disabilities through orthopaedic procedures.
- Ensuring that cases with orthopaedic needs are supported through a coordinated case management system with other sectors and create awareness on the needs that can be addressed through community mobilization.
- Working with other partners to ensure people with specific needs access required services within the response.
- Preparing timely activity plans (weekly and monthly) and submit to the Protection Programme Officer for review as required and ensure that project indicators are well tracked and analyzed to inform strategic decisions.
- Supporting other project activities assigned by the supervisor.
Documentation and Reporting
- Document, monitor and report on work progress on a regular basis in the field, using the predefined monitoring tools.
- Report positive trends in programme implementation as well as the areas in need of improvement
- Ensure all People with specific needs data are kept confidentially and shared with the Programme team as appropriate
- Assist in the identification of recreational and training items for people with specific needs and volunteers
- Develop lists of supplies needed for the Programmes and ensure safe delivery.
HelpAge Policies and Standard
- The incumbent will sign to the HelpAge protection policies and code of conduct for working with older persons and ensure that all staff under his/her supervision sign to and, abide by the same policies and standards.
WORKING AND LIVING CONDITIONS:
- This post will be predominately based in field locations, with regular periods in the main Kibondo office for planning and administrative purposes. Conditions in the field sites are extremely basic and require a strong sense of endurance and resilience.
Qualifications, Competencies & Person specifications:
- A Degree of Bachelor of Science in Physiotherapy or Diploma in Physiotherapy and its Equivalent. 1 year experience of working or dealing with pediatric cases, adult cases or working in CBR programmes.
- Excellent technical understanding of rehabilitation or Physiotherapy services.
- Experience of working with Older People.
- Able to coach, mentor and train staff to undertake CBR services.
- Good Computer knowledge
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Be able to prioritize tasks
- Able to work to tight deadlines and under pressure
- Able to operate in extremely harsh living and working environment
- Able to communicate both in English and Swahili languages.
Candidates with other equivalent professional and experience are encouraged to apply.
- Honesty, trustworthiness, integrity, respect to diversity, flexibility to work extra hours and under pressure to deliver to tight deadlines.
Method of ApplicationInterested applicants should apply with a CV of not more than 2 pages and a cover letter stating how they meet the key competencies by email to: [email protected] copy to [email protected]
Applications should be sent not later than Friday 13th February 2023. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted. This will be ongoing recruitment and the right candidate will be contacted on a rolling basis.
HelpAge International is an equal opportunity employer. Women are encouraged to apply
Dont Miss Latest Jobs In Tanzania. Subscribe Today. CLICK HERE