Community ART Officer (CAO) (8) at MDH
- Company: MDH
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Geita
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Tanzania
POSITION: Community ART Officer (CAO) (8 Posts)
LOCATION: Kagera, Geita & Dar es Salaam
REPORTS TO: District Community Services Manager (DCSM)
Job Summary: The Community ART Officer (CAO) is responsible for the day-to-day field implementation of MDH’s community ART program and services. She/He will work with the Council Health Management Teams (CHMTs), Community Volunteers, Civil Society Organizations (CSOs), Health Facilities (HFs)/ Health Care Providers (HCPs) and other stakeholders to support provision of recommended community ART services, tracking and continuum of care for patients on ART care.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. To support provision and scale up of community ART services as well as patient tracking and continuum of care of ART patients in line with the program workplan and national guidelines.
2. To work with HCPs/ HFs to efficiently organize community ART delivery services including enrolment of eligible clients, working with WEO/VEO to secure preferred community locations and ensure effective scheduling and communication.
3. To support comprehensive community ART outreach services which integrate other essential services including viral load testing, early infant diagnosis, clinical ART monitoring and others.
4. To work with the Retention team, HFs/ HCPs to support community/home based tracking and returning to care, patients who have dropped out of care and ensure timely feedback.
5. To support engagement, capacity building and supervision of community outreach volunteers (COVs), expert clients (CECs), HCPs, community-based Health services providers (CBHS) and other stakeholders in the provision of community ART and tracking services.
6. To ensure efficient linkages and continuum of care between community ART and HF services.
7. To support dissemination and operationalization of national guidelines, SOPs, job aids, IECs, training manuals, M&E and others tools on the community ART services.
8. To support efforts to identify gaps in community HIV and KVP program, implementation of continuous quality improvement (CQI) initiatives and operational research to address gaps.
9. To support monitoring, evaluation and learning (MEL) of community HIV prevention and KVP services including data collection, entry, quality assurance, analysis, reporting and utilization.
10. To support analysis, documentation and dissemination of MDHs’ community program outcomes and best practices via abstracts, posters, manuscripts, policy briefs, presentations, and others.
11. To perform any other related duties as may be assigned by the supervisor.
Requirements: Education, Work experience and Skills:
1. Bachelor Degree or Diploma in Medicine, Nursing or related Health Field.
2. At least three (3) years of experience in community HIV and KVP programs and services.
3. Demonstrable competency in overseeing ART services, patient tracking/ retention services.
4. Experience in MEL, data analysis, interpretation and utilization in the health sector.
5. Fluent in both written and spoken English and Swahili Languages.
Method of ApplicationInterested candidates for any of the above positions should submit an application letter, a detailed copy of their CV, names and contact information (email addresses and telephone numbers) of three work related referees. The candidate MUST clearly indicate the Title of the position applied for (as it appears in the advertisement) on the heading of the email. Applications should be submitted to the Human Resource Director through email [email protected] by 30th September 2021.
MDH DO NOT have any agents and DO NOT charge any fees to the interested candidates. Kindly note that only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.