Communications Officer at British Embassy
- Company: British Embassy
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Dar Es Salaam Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Tanzania
Main purpose of job:
To support delivery of the UK government’s objectives in Tanzania through proactive communications. Using mainstream, specialist and social media to (a) raise awareness of UK government activity in Tanzania and (b) support the policy work of the British High Commission.
Roles and responsibilities / what will the jobholder be expected to achieve?:
- Communicate the British High Commission’s objectives and messages in the Tanzanian media.
- Work with British High Commission teams to devise communications strategy appropriate to each subject area.
- Draft and issue press releases, social media, media lines, and advise the British High Commissioner and other senior officers on interactions with the media.
- Lead on organising interviews, events and other media opportunities for staff.
- Build the High Commission’s social media presence, including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, through regular updating with relevant, interesting, targeted content.
- Maintain an effective list of contacts, covering all aspects of communications work, and use this contacts network as required.
- Lead on promotion of the Chevening scholarship programme, the UK’s flagship scholarship.
- Use project management skills to manage finances for small-scale projects.
- Two years work experience in Communications
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communications
- Active listening skills
- Strong IT skills (Word, PowerPoint, social media, basic photo editing)
- Thorough understanding of the media environment in Tanzania
- Fluent in Swahili and English
- Experience of organising events / conferences / marketing etc.
- An existing network of contacts in media
- Bachelors degree in Communications
Learning and development opportunities (and any specific training courses to be completed):
Internal Communications learning and development opportunities are available. The UK government makes a wide-range of online and in-person training available.
Monday – Thursday 07:30 – 15:30; Fridays 07:30 – 13:00
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 25th September , 2021.