Communications Coordinator at ADD International
- Company: ADD International
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Dar Es Salaam Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Tanzania
- Salary: Please see our Global Salary Scales for rates applicable in each country. This role will be paid at the rate for Grade D in these scales.
- Location: Office based or remote working (or a combination of the two) from anywhere ADD has an office (Cambodia, Bangladesh, Uganda, Tanzania, Sudan or UK). Applicants must have the right to work in the country where they wish to be based.
- Contract: 1-year fixed term contract, full-time (though we are open to considering applications from those who want to work on a part-time or job-share basis)
- Reports to: Individual Giving & Communications Manager
- Closing date: 24 May 2023
As an organisation that works with disability activists in Africa and Asia we are clear that lived experience of disability is hugely important to our mission. Priority for this role will be given to disabled people.We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations throughoutrecruitment and employment.
You will join the team at an exciting time during which we aim to transform our communications, in line with our broader organisational shift, to centre the voices, agency and leadership of the disability rights activists, leaders and organisations that we partner with. We want to communicate the transformation journey that ADD is moving through and raise the visibility of ADD as an authentic participatory grantmaker. Our communications will be bold, creative, accessible and authentic.
In this role, you will also have an opportunity to input into and shape this new Communications Strategy based on your ideas and experience.
This role will lead on content, our social media channels and fundraising-related communications. This role will also take the lead on launching a new disability rights blog series to centre the voices of activists and leaders that we work with. You will ensure that our brand is upheld and our images and videos are stored and used safely and ethically.
You will have a commitment to shifting and sharing power in international development and understand how communications and individual giving campaigns can be more inclusive, accessible, and equitable.
You will be committed to disability rights and justice and working in a way that is anti-racist and anti-ableist.
You will have significant experience of developing accessible and engaging content for a range of channels including Facebook, Twitter and Instagram, writing and editing blogs, and managing social media platforms. You will also have a strong understanding of the importance of ethical communications, consent and the safe storage and usage of images and experience of working within a remote and global team.
About ADD International.
The movement for disability equality is powered by the vision and courage of disability rights activists. We support organisations of activists in Africa and Asia to fight discrimination and build powerful movements for change.
We want disabled people to have greater access to funding and more power in deciding how this money is used to build powerful movements for positive change. We are working towards becoming a participatory grant maker. Find out more about this process at add.org.uk/transformation.
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 15th May, 2023.
Dont Miss Latest Jobs In Tanzania. Subscribe Today. CLICK HERE