Communication Officer x2 at Ifakara Health Institute
- Company: Ifakara Health Institute
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Dar Es Salaam Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Tanzania
Communication Officer (2 posts)
This position requires an individual passionate about providing communication technical support to our research and other Ifakara teams.
Position: Communication Officer (2 posts)
Reports To: Senior Communication Officer
Work Station: Dar es Salaam, Ifakara/Bagamoyo
Apply By: September 7th 2022
Duties and Responsibilities
- Knowledge synthesis and presentation duties: The CO is charged with the primary duty of summarizing, synthesizing and presenting scientific work and results widely as required. Key roles include:
- Simplify publications and other scientific work into digestible summaries for non-scientific audiences as required by Ifakara and international standards.
- Source/take photos and videos for illustrating publications and other scientific work as required by Ifakara and international standards.
- Design/present publications and other scientific work in appealing ways as required by Ifakara and international standards.
- Compile reports of publications and other scientific work monthly, quarterly, bi-annually and annually as required by Ifakara and international standards.
- Supervise recording (in video mode) of publications and other scientific work as required by Ifakara and international standards and support the posting/sharing of the same in Ifakara internal and external channels.
- Events communication duties: The CO is also be charged with the primary duty of managing communications at events organized by Ifakara units, departments and projects. Key roles include:
- Provide support in planning, coordinating and executing official Ifakara events as required.
- Liaise with the media, including maintaining contacts with them, and inviting them to Ifakara events as required.
- Prepare information kits (with all the necessary materials in such as press releases, fact sheets, photos, & videos/video links) for official Ifakara events.
- Guide the media at events, including ensuring their logistics and meeting all their necessary needs such as fixing appointments for interviews with Ifakara researchers as required.
- Monitor the media after events and compile reports (including clips and links to coverage on the event) monthly, quarterly, bi-annually and annually as required by Ifakara standards.
- Website & social media platform duties: The CO is also charged with the duty of assisting the Senior Communication Officer in managing official Ifakara website and social media platforms. Key roles include:
- Provide coverage of Ifakara events on official Ifakara website & social media channels as required.
- Compose website & social media messages for different kinds of audiences as required by Ifakara and international standards.
- Take/source photos and videos for illustrating website & social media messages as required by Ifakara and international standards.
- Design/present messages in appealing ways as required by Ifakara and international standards.
- Compile reports on website & social media monthly, quarterly, bi-annually and annually as required by Ifakara and international standards.
- Assist the Senior Communication Officer in providing communication administration and technical support to Ifakara research and core support teams.
- Assist the Senior Communication Officer in the implementation of the Ifakara Communications Strategy and its relevant guidelines and tools.
- Provide support in advancing Institutional communication/branding objectives as per Ifakara strategy and operational plans as developed and revised from time to time.
- Perform any other duties as assignment by their supervisors.
Qualification and Experience
- The position requires someone with mixed skill set i.e., corporate communications, journalism, and PR.
- A first degree in any of these fields: mass communication, journalism, and public relations will be perfect for the roles outlined.
- At least two-year previous experience of successfully accomplishing similar duties.
- Writing, editing and basic graphics skills are essential and will be strictly checked and tested.
- Those who previously successfully held a similar position or duties on an NGO, company or government will have added advantage.
Skills and Competencies
- Fluent in the English and Swahili Languages.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Ability to conveniently apply social media and interactive email applications.
- Capable of building and sustaining relationships with staff at all levels.
- Organized, time conscious and ability to deliver even under tight deadlines.
- Professional attitude with highest level of integrity and ethics.
- Result oriented.
- Adhere to Ifakara core values (Transparency, Responsibility, Integrity, Respect and Initiative).
An attractive and competitive remuneration package will be offered to successful candidates as per Ifakara salary scales.
Ifakara is an equal opportunity employer. We prohibit intentional biases or discrimination and harassment of any kind at the work place and during recruitment. All employment decisions are based solely on job requirements and individual qualifications, and our recruitment process is governed by the labour laws of Tanzania.
Method of ApplicationAll candidates who meet the above job requirements should send their application letters together with their detailed curriculum vitae (CVs) showing contact addresses including email, telephone/cell phone numbers and copies of academic and professional certificates to the email address below.
The deadline for this application is 17:00 hours on Wednesday September 7th 2022. All e-mail application subject lines should include: COMMUNICATION OFFICER – SUPPORT. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted for interview.
______________________ Human Resources Manager IFAKARA HEALTH INSTITUTE #5 Ifakara Street Plot 463 Mikocheni P.O. Box 78,373 Dar es Salaam, Tanzania Email: [email protected]