Communication Officer – Early Career Professional at Mott MacDonald
- Company: Mott MacDonald
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Dar Es Salaam Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Tanzania
CETL (Cambridge Education Tanzania Limited) is establishing an internship programme through its Shule Bora project. The internship will last for six months (extendable by six months through mutual agreement) and provide the interns with an opportunity to work with communication, publication and MEL team within the programme. This is an exciting opportunity to provide recent graduate with first-hand experience of implementing a large-scale, government-led, education programme.
The Communications ECP Will
- Coordinate Shule Bora activities with PO-RALG, MOEST (Ministry of Education Science and Technology)
- Deliver Shule Bora’s campaigns, behaviour change messages and materials.
- Support the drafting, designing and printing of communications documents and publications, working with external suppliers where necessary.
- Delivering Shule Bora’s visual identity ensuring that presentations and publications adhere to consistent, high quality standards and are in line with the Client and Company visibility and branding requirements.
- Support the management of information management and knowledge produced across the program and staff through SharePoint, Yammer and other means and identifying and creating case studies that communicate learning from Programme activities
- Liaise with counterparts in PO-RALG and MOEST, and Shule Bora partners to ensure communications activities are coordinated, using their resources where appropriate in order to maximize the impact of the Programme
- Support the Communications Manager to ensure Shule Bora’s visual identity, presentations and publications adhere to consistent, high quality standards and are in line with the Client and Company visibility and branding requirements.
- Support Government communications teams to communicate widely through online and offline channels with regards to programme objectives and materials.
- Support to manage media relations for Shule Bora to generate public support for reform, building their understanding of the Programme and its objectives, identifying opportunities, drafting news releases, and engaging them in campaigns and initiatives
- Support the Communications Manager to build capacity for effective information and communication, supporting training and producing guidance for those working with stakeholders, including regional and district officials, Ward Education Officers, Head Teachers and Teachers, School Committees and community members
- Represent Shule Bora at relevant meetings and conferences as required and share updates
- Any other responsibility related to profession.
During the internship, ECP will work alongside senior members of staff to gain on-the-job experience. He/she will also attend online and face-to-face training sessions to enhance his/her learning. ECP will be expected to keep a reflective journal of their experience.
At the end of the six months and depending on performance and programme requirements, he/she may continue for a further six months in the discipline.
- Graduate with early professional years’ working experience
- Must have obtained a minimum of upper- second class degree or equivalent in communications, public relations, marketing or related subject.
- Be able to use MS packages, particularly Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Teams, SharePoint
- Proactive problem-solver with good timekeeping and communications skills
- Demonstrate level of creativity to reach and engage in new and culturally appropriate ways, using mixed media, animation, and graphics.
- Fluent in spoken and written English
Shule Bora is a UK aid-funded government-led education support programme. It supports the delivery of the EPforR II process nationally and also works in nine regions of Tanzania with technical assistance from Cambridge Education in partnership with ADD International, International Rescue Committee and Plan International.
The programme aims to improve the quality of pre-primary and primary schools in Tanzania. There are four main outcomes: improving learning outcomes for all children, improving transition rates to secondary schools for girls, ensuring children are safe in and around schools, and helping children with disabilities access quality education.
- works with Ministry of Education, Science and Technology (MOEST) and the President’s Office Regional
- Administration and Local Government (PO-RALG) to test, adapt and implement at scale quality, gender-transformative, disability-inclusive and safe to learn education approaches in 9 regions, generating learning and evidence on how to achieve these outcomes affordably and at scale.
- supports GoT with the timely and effective implementation of the PforR mechanism through technical assistance and capacity building, with a strong focus on data verification, financial management and risk management.
- Support lesson learning processes from PforR so that these can be embedded into government processes and shared with development partners and other key stakeholders.
- Ensure that lessons and best practice from (1) are used to inform PfR mechanism.
- manages and coordinates programme activities, with a strong focus on (i) ensuring a high quality programme, financial and risk management oversight, (ii) working with an independent Learning and Evidence (L&E) provider on establishing regular, rigorous and community-driven monitoring and evaluation activities, and (iii) developing and implementing a strategy for effective communication of Shule Bora objectives, results, and lessons learned to a range of target audiences.
Equality, diversity and inclusion
We put equality, diversity and inclusion at the heart of our business, seeking to promote fair employment procedures and practices to ensure equal opportunities for all. We encourage individual expression in our workplace and are committed to creating an inclusive environment where everyone feels they have the opportunity to contribute.
At Mott MacDonald, we believe it makes business sense for you and your manager to choose how you can work most effectively to meet your client, team and personal commitments. We embrace agility, flexibility and trust.
Communication Officer – Early Career Professional at Mott MacDonald
More About Mott MacDonald
We’re a global engineering, management and development consultancy.
Our purpose is to improve society by considering social outcomes in everything we do, relentlessly focusing on excellence and digital innovation, transforming our clients’ businesses, our communities and employee opportunities.
A fundamental part of this is respecting each person’s differences and striving to meet their needs.
Our values: progress, respect, integrity, drive, excellence
Job Ref :60378BR
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 25th November, 2022.