Communication & External Relations Officer at Medical Teams International
- Company: Medical Teams International
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Dar Es Salaam Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Tanzania
COMMUNICATIONS & EXTERNAL RELATIONS OFFICER (1) POSITION
Medical Teams International Tanzania
Reports to Direct: Country Director Technical: HQ Marketing team
Location Dar es Salaam, with travel to field
Workdays & Hours Monday-Friday, 40-48 hours/week, occasional weekends, and public holidays
Supervises Direct: NA Technical: NA
Medical Teams International Calling
Daring to love like Jesus, we boldly break barriers to health and restore wholeness in a hurting world.
Responsible for developing and implementing communication and external engagement strategies. Work closely with field project teams to capture, document, report & communicate program impact with both internal and external stakeholders. Work alongside the Senior Managers to represent Medical Teams with all levels of partner as needed. Collaborate with HQ Marketing department on the development and proper branding of visibility materials.
- Develop and implement communications strategies, campaigns, and other initiatives to promote the visibility of the organization
- Visit field locations to gather data and impact stories to use in communication materials; share updates with HQ office as requested
- Create visibility materials (donor branding, signposts, brochures, newsletters, media releases, fact sheets, etc.) according to Medical Teams and donor branding guidelines
- Maintain up-to-date documentation point for communication materials including publications, press releases and clippings, photographs, audio-visual materials, web resources about Medical Teams, its partners, and stakeholders
- Responsible for monitoring the budget lines related to communications and external engagement in all projects.
- Advise Senior Management Team on communications matters and provide editorial support for staff
- Coordinate and respond to media requests in accordance with Medical Teams policy
- In charge of hosting media and other official visitors during field visits.
- Manage conflict as it arises and advise management and HQ staff on crisis communications
- Maintain records of media coverage, analyze trends and foster relationships with reporters
- Collaborate with HQ Marketing department and directly connect with Marketing staff to ensure visibility and branding materials are of high quality and compiled with Medical Teams and donor brand requirements
- Responsible for establishing and developing professional, long lasting, and mutually beneficial relationships with Government departments, institution, UN agencies, donors, and other stakeholders in the health sector
- Plays a key role in identifying new funding opportunities for growth and expansion of Medical Teams
- Represents Medical Teams confidently, and professionally in external events, presenting the mission and values, goals, and objectives of Medical Teams to improve the reputation of the organization
- Other duties as assigned
- Support safeguarding of program participants and employees through promoting an environment of awareness and upholding the code of conduct provisions of Medical Teams Protection from Sexual Exploitation & Abuse, Child & Vulnerable Adult protection, and harassment-free workplace policies.
- Assist with staff events.
- When appropriate, incorporate the use of volunteers in daily job functions.
- Additional duties as assigned.
EDUCATION, LICENSES, & CERTIFICATIONS
Bachelor’s degree in mass communication, Journalism, International Relations, or similar field is preferred
- At least 3 years of communications/ public relations experience with a humanitarian agency is preferred
- Experience working in emergency operations with an international NGO is an added advantage
- Experience working with Government of Tanzania Ministries, Departments and Agencies.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Knowledge of current theories and practices in communication research, planning and strategy, and the role of mass media
- Knowledge of how to present information to different audiences
- Proficient in social media platforms
- Excellent English communication skills; highly articulate verbally and in writing
- Excellent networking skills and confidence in dealing with all levels of government, NGO, and private sector stakeholders
- Skilled in conducting interviews and managing relationships with media representatives and other stakeholders
- Proven writing, editing, design, videography, and photography skills (Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, and Publisher; Adobe Photoshop)
- Skilled at producing analytical reports and professional publications
- Ability to exercise considerable initiative to plan, organize and follow through to meet deadlines
- Ability to be flexible and manage stress, especially in situations which require a high degree of sensitivity, tact, and diplomacy
- Ability to act with integrity and maintain the highest ethical standards
- Ability to support Medical Teams Calling and adhere to the Code of Conduct
APPLICATION DEADLINE: 15 September 2020. 5.00PM.
Method of Application
- Interested applicants who meet the criteria should email their Application letter and CV ONLY saved as your name (Surname FirstName) in PDF or Word ONLY with subject as Communication & External Relations Officer” including 3 work related referees to; [email protected]
- Indicate your Salary expectation/ current or previous salary/Notice Period; at the bottom of your CV
- INDICATE CLEARLY IN THE SUBJECT LINE: Communication & External Relations Officer.