Collab, Learning & Adapting Advisor at Pathfinder International
- Company: Pathfinder International
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Dar Es Salaam Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Tanzania
Summary: The CLA Advisor (Knowledge Management) will partner with Pathfinder project staff, country leadership, and colleagues across Pathfinder’s business units to improve Pathfinder programs through the intentional, systematic, and resourced application of CLA (Collaborating, Learning and Adapting). With a Knowledge Management focus, the CLA Advisor will develop and improve knowledge management tools, systems and products that enable better sharing of learning and insights across projects and countries. The advisor will partner directly with project and country teams, advising on and integrating learning activities and systems into project design and implementation to improve evidence-based decisions making. The CLA Advisor contributes to synthesizing and curating results and lessons
Key Job Outcomes:
- CLA Support to Projects and Countries: Works with project and country teams to identify CLA needs; develops CLA plans in proposals and work plans, designs and delivers tools, processes, activities, and events; maintains and grows repository of CLA resources; provides technical assistance, coaching, and strengthens the capacity of MEL staff and project teams to conduct CLA activities.
- Design and convene Learning Exchange events: Delivers regular high-quality, participatory knowledge/learning exchange events and supports the development of thriving internal communities of practice. Plans engaging learning events for prioritized technical topics or learning questions; documents and disseminates lessons and generates knowledge products emerging from learning events.
- Session design and facilitation: Designs and facilitates various working sessions for country and project teams, to include process design and improvement, after-action reviews, and “pause and reflect” sessions.
- Process and tool design: Works with internal clients to assess learning needs and curates or develops and shares user-friendly tools, checklists, process flows and job aids to improve knowledge exchange and organizational learning.
- Maintains and updates Pathfinder Atlas: Supports the management and improvement of Pathfinder’s knowledge management and exchange platform, Pathfinder Atlas. Coordinates with other business units to ensure incorporation of high-quality knowledge products in Atlas; updated dashboards with key performance indicators for the organization; and inclusion of outside data and useful external resources. Trains Pathfinders and content curators on using Atlas to support their learning and information needs. Manages and continually improves Atlas.
- Data visualization: Identifies new ways to present Pathfinder data and findings to generate understanding or insights, through the development (in partnership with MEL colleagues) of dashboards and other creative ways of telling stories with data.
- Vendor and consultant management: Assists with the drafting of vendor and/or consultant RFPs, selection and management.
Minimally Required Job-Specific Competencies:
- Learning: Knowledge and ability to develop CLA plans, tools, and processes at a project, country, and organizational level.
- Facilitation: Advanced skill in facilitation, including proven ability to facilitate group decision-making, problem-solving, and complex learning.
- Knowledge Management: Advanced skills in organizational learning, Knowledge Management system development, implementation, evaluation, and improvement Basic foundation in library sciences a plus.
- Sexual and Reproductive Health Rights Services: Knowledge of family planning and reproductive health principles, practices and services including program strategies and indicators, and the latest professional developments in SRHR, including special challenges faced in the developing world, and related measurement issues.
- Change Management: Ability to demonstrate a high degree of flexibility in managing change across a broad group of stakeholders in an inclusive manner.
- Presentation Skills: Proven ability to make presentations on results to small and large groups.
- Data and Information Visualization: Proven ability to visualize and present data and information in creative ways; experience with or open to learning data visualization software packages/tools such as PowerBI and/or design software such as Adobe InDesign
Minimally Required Organizational Competencies:
- Software Applications: Advanced knowledge of MS Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Teams, and SharePoint. Knowledge of at least one specialized software for content authoring to include InDesign, Articulate360, Camtasia.
- Languages: Proven written and oral skills in English required; French strongly preferred.
- Self-Management and Teamwork: Ability to work independently or as a member of the team, ability to work with people from different cultures, ability to thrive in a matrixed organization, ability to be detailed-oriented, and ability to manage stress effectively in a fast-paced environment
- Communication and Influencing Skills: Proven ability to influence others, including donor agencies and local partners, through diplomacy and proven oral and written communication skills. Ability to initiate and lead open conversations with teams and stakeholders to build trust and work collaboratively.
- Passion for Sexual and Reproductive Health Rights: Commitment to family planning, reproductive health services, gender, maternal, child health services, and eradication of harmful traditional practices.
- Matrix Management: Ability to thrive in a matrixed organization.
- Confidentiality: Ability to maintain confidentiality on work-related matters
Minimally Required Education, Training and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree required, Master’s Degree strongly preferred in organizational development, international education, knowledge management, library sciences, information systems, social sciences, public health or related.
- 7 years of progressively responsible experience in knowledge management and learning projects or equivalent.
- Experience living or working in a low/middle income country preferred.
- Experience with SharePoint or other content management system.
- Ability to travel internationally (up to 15%)
- Uses cellular and desk phone; laptop or desktop computer
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 15th April, 2022.