Clinically Trained Physicians and Veterinarians for Research Culminating in a PhD at Washington State University Arusha
- Company: Washington State University Arusha
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Arusha & Moshi Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Education/Teaching Jobs in Tanzania
Washington State University Arusha
The University of Nairobi and Washington State University are recruiting clinically trained physicians and veterinarians for research culminating in a PhD. The program will be funded by the U.S. National Institutes of Health and will provide tuition at the University of Nairobi, stipend, and funded research opportunities.
Position: PhD training (1 position)
Location: Arusha, Tanzania
Contract Duration: 4-year program
Reporting to: Principal Investigator
The program will provide specialized training in infectious diseases with tailored coursework and seminars with laboratory and field research in emerging and zoonotic infectious diseases. Training will be supported by the U.S. National Institutes of Health, the Center for Disease Control and Prevention, and multiple additional funding agencies. Mentorship will be provided by integrated University of Nairobi, Washington State University, and Kenya Medical Research Institute scientists.
- Candidates must have completed medical degree (MBChB) or veterinary degree (BVM)
- Master’s degree (MSc, MPH, MMED, or equivalent) at the time of program start (anticipated September 2020).
Method of Application
Interested candidates who meet the criteria above are encouraged to send in their applications.
- Cover letter highlighting your suitability for the advertised position (clinical, and research experience as well as your interest in PhD training in zoonotic and emerging infectious diseases)
- Current Curriculum Vitae with contact information (name, institutional affiliation, email address, and phone number) of 3 references
- Copies of your bachelor’s and master’s degree certificates, and transcripts, by 2359Hrs (EAT) 31st July 2020 to [email protected]
Indicate “PhD Training” in the subject line of your application email. Incomplete applications will not be considered. Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
WSU is an equal opportunity employer; we do not charge any fee at any stage of the recruitment process.
More information about Washington State University – Global Health Program, can be found at https://globalhealth.wsu.edu/
Washington State University / Global Animal Health Tanzania P. O. Box 1642, Arusha, Tanzania Telephone: +255 786546555 https://globalhealth.wsu.edu/