Clinical Officer ITENs Project at Ifakara Health Institute
- Company: Ifakara Health Institute
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Dar Es Salaam Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Healthcare/Medical Jobs in Tanzania
Position: Clinical Officer (1 post)
Reports To: Project Leader
Work Station: Msata – Coast Region (Pwani)
Ifakara Health Institute (IHI) is a leading research organization in Africa with a strong track record in developing, testing and validating innovations for health. Driven by a core strategic mandate for research, training and services, the Institute’s work now spans a wide spectrum, covering biomedical and ecological sciences, intervention studies, health-systems research and policy translation.
IHI is looking for a Clinical Officer to fill a vacant position in the ITENs project based at Msata in Coast Region (Pwani). The Officer will be charged with carrying on research as per research protocol, taking history, examining, diagnosing and treating malaria patients during the study. Also, the Officer will sensitize participants on malaria testing, enroll patients to the study after investigation and collect and compile blood for malaria testing and manage patients in the process of recruitment.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Sensitize participants of malaria testing through mRDT and
- Draw blood from participants for malaria
- Prepare adequate and effective storage of samples and dispatch to the Laboratory.
- Provide anti-malaria drugs to malaria positive participants based on Tanzania
- Keep good recording of samples in relevant
- Identify any adverse and severe, malaria event and referring participants to higher level health facilities.
- Make follow up of the
- Maintain appropriate working relationships among the health facility staff and IHI
- Perform any other job-related duties assigned by the project
Qualification and Experience
- Diploma/Advanced Diploma in clinical medicine from registered and recognized
- Two-year experience in
- Must possess patient management
- Have knowledge and skills in various modes of diagnosis
- Ability to work under minimum supervision but also within a
- Adhere to IHI core values (Transparency, Accountability, Respect, Integrity and
- Good communication skills, local language belonging to the area will be added
An attractive and competitive remuneration package will be offered to successful candidates as per IHI salary scales.
IHI is an equal opportunity employer. We prohibit intentional biases or discrimination and harassment of any kind at the work place and during recruitment. All employment decisions are based solely on job requirements and individual qualifications, and our recruitment process is governed by the labour laws of Tanzania.
Method of ApplicationAll candidates who meet the above job requirements should send their application letters through e- mail together with their detailed curriculum vitae (CVs) showing contact addresses including email, telephone/cell phone numbers and copies of academic and professional certificates to the address below.
All e-mail application subject lines should include: CLINICAL OFFICE – ITENs.
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted for interview.
Human Resources Manager,
IFAKARA HEALTH INSTITUTE
Plot 463 Ifakara Street – Off Kiko Avenue, Mikocheni,
Dar es Salaam
Email: [email protected]
The deadline for submitting the application is 17 March 2021