Clinical Officer at NIMR
- Company: NIMR
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Dar Es Salaam Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Healthcare/Medical Jobs in Tanzania
The National Institute for Medical Research (NIMR), Tanzania, is a government public health research institute under the Ministry of Health mandated to coordinate, promote and monitor health research in the Country. NIMR is part of a consortium known as Tackling Obstacles for Fighting Filarial infections and Podoconiosis (TAKeOFF). The consortium focuses on addressing barriers to Filarial (Lymphatic Filariasis and Onchocerciasis) infections and Podoconiosis elimination. NIMR through funding from German Federal Ministry of Education and Research (BMBF) is implementing five research Tasks that address challenges that delays the elimination efforts of Lymphatic Filariasis and Onchocerciasis in Tanzania. In order to implement the proposed implementation research, the Institute is looking for well-trained, competent and selfmotivated candidates to fill the following vacant positions within the Project:
CLINICAL OFFICER – One (1) position
Job Location: Lindi
Reports to: Project Principal Investigator
Clinical officer is responsible for taking clinical activities in the health facility. S/he is responsible for taking clinical history, physical examination, investigation/diagnosis of patients’ ailments and management. In executing her/his duties, the officer shall abide by Clinical ethics as well as NIMR and Government Regulations.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- To give First Aid to medical problems; ii. To keep and maintain patients’ statistics; iii. To provide all aspects of clinical care to patients; iv. To participate in undertaking research; and
- To perform any other relevant duties that may be assigned by the supervisor.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCES:
- Holder of Diploma in Clinical Medicine or equivalent qualifications from recognized institutions, with a minimum of one (1) year working experience with research institutions.
- Valid professional license from the Medical Council of Tanganyika (MCT); iii. Residing in Lindi region and having experiences in managing Filarial Lymphedema or participation in research on neglected tropical diseases (NTDs) will be added advantage.
Duration of Contract: One year, renewable subject to availability of funds.
Remuneration: Salary will be offered as per Project budget.
Method of ApplicationAll applications should be enclosed with certified copies of relevant certificates, detailed curriculum vitae and names of at least two reliable referees.
Applicants are also reminded to indicate reliable day time contact information.
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
In case you do not hear from us in two weeks’ time after the closing date consider yourself unsuccessful.
Applications should be addressed to:
National Institute for Medical Research
3 Barack Obama Drive
P.O. Box 9653
11101 Dar es Salaam, Tanzania
The deadline for submitting the application is 16 August 2023.