Organizing and ensuring medical consultations to the target population providing treatment to patients within the scope of his/her medical competencies and referring them when appropriate, according to MSF proto-cols, procedures and the universal hygiene standards in order to guarantee quality and efficiency of the service provided.
Minimum Educational Qualification: Diploma in clinical medicine, National Council for Technical Education certificate
Experience: Desirable previous clinical officer experience, or 2 years of relevant working experience.
Languages: English (fluent, oral & written). Swahili is an asset
Competences: Results, teamwork, flexibility, commitment, service.
Knowledge: Desirable – Tropical diseases / Desirable computer literacy
• Implement MSF clinical protocols, tools, and hygiene standards in the management of patient´s disease conditions making sure to minimize clinical risks and to guarantee a good quality of care while also promoting and maintaining confidentiality regarding all patient cases and records according to medical ethics and MSF principles
• Applying medical knowledge, asking appropriate questions to patients and following protocols in force as well as using laboratory services at his disposal when necessary, in order to ensure a correct implementation of the medical treatments and to refer patients when appropriate.
• Liaise with the direct supervisor the management of patients in the ward and other issues at work site that are relevant to assure smooth running of medical activities
• Proactivity and willingness to support other departments plus participation in various meetings as required aimed at improving quality of care in work environment and human resource development strategy and flexibility to changing roles and worksites according to circumstances of need but in line with the job description.
• Recording in the individual patient’s card and registration books, all performed medical activities (drugs prescribed, lab results, vaccination status, epidemiological activity, doses, etc.) keeping data traceability in order to ensure patients treatment continuity.
• Participating in data collection and reporting when required.
• Knowing and implementing Patient Therapeutic Education (PTE), i.e. keeping contact with all patients, providing them information regarding their health state, assuring that they have understood and to advocate for them as needs dictate while responding to their questions and those of their caregivers.
• Knowing and promoting the proper application of Post Exposure Prophylaxis (PEP) Kit and Sexually Gender Based Violence (SGBV) protocol.
Sharing is Caring! Click on the Icons Below and Share