Clinical/ART Services Officer (3) at Amref Health Africa
- Company: Amref Health Africa
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Tanzania Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Healthcare/Medical Jobs in Tanzania
Amref Health Africa in Tanzania is a non-profit public health organization supporting the Government of Tanzania to address public health issues including maternal and child health, HIV, TB, Malaria and Nutrition in Tanzania since 1987. Amref Health Africa in Tanzania is funded by The U.S. President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR) through CDC Tanzania, to execute a robust HIV care and treatment clinical cascade project aiming to accelerate the achievement of the current 95-95-95 goals and the HIV epidemic control in Tanzania. The project branded as Afya Kamilifu Project is implemented in Tanga and Zanzibar since October, 2018, Simiyu Region since 2020. From October 2021 this project will extend its operations to Mara Region covering facility based and community based HIV care and treatment services. Afya Kamilifu project works – in collaboration with and with guidance from the Tanzania Ministry of Health, Community Development, Gender, Elderly and Children, Zanzibar Ministry of health and President’s Office Regions Authority and Local Government (PORALG). That said, Amref Health Africa -Tanzania is announcing the following vacancies to be filled soon:
|Position Title:||Clinical/ART Services Officer (3 positions)|
|Work Station:||Musoma Office (1), Bunda Office (1), Serengeti Office (1)|
|Reports to:||Regional Project Manager|
The incumbent will support delivery of comprehensive and quality HIV care and treatment services to achieve the 95-95-95 goals for the HIV epidemic control. S/He will be responsible to integrate and deliver all the treatment cascade portfolio to ensure a continuum of care and scaled up service delivery. S/He will collaborate with health facility teams to oversee the work of HIV/AIDS Clinical Services towards reaching the set targets.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
- Support provision of comprehensive HIV/AIDS care and treatment service according to national guideline and technical assistance to the supported facilities
- Ensures effective execution of clinical cascade from the linked HIV Identified cases, adherence counseling and retention to care and treatment to facilitating their viral load suppression
- Coordinate and supervise health facility HIV/AIDS clinical services in supported districts to accomplish their expected scopes of work and provided targets
- Provide technical support to health care providers, and collaborate with CHMTs and Regional teams on implementation of the SDM; same day ART initiation, MMD/MMS, Community ART and other models according to the National Guidelines
- Support management of advanced HIV disease according to national guideline
- Participate in training, mentorship, supportive supervision and clinical guidance to health providers
- Make use of training materials/curriculum, SOPs and Job Aids useful to the providers according to the National guidelines and policies
- Participate in meetings/events relevant to the project and provide relevant technical contributions according to the Ministry of Health guidelines and PEPFAR policies
- Collaborate with all other project staff in the related program areas as would be needed
Qualifications, Experience & Skills Required
- A degree in medicine or nursing or advance diploma in clinical medicine. A Master degree in public health or any health-related field is an added advantage
- Proven experience and competence in managing patients on ART in Tanzania context Proven critical analysis skills and report writing skills.
- At least 3 years of “hands on experience” in HIV prevention, care and treatment in resourceless country
- Experience working with Local Government Authorities and PEPFAR funded project
- Good interpersonal and people management skills-a team player and builder
- Good command of English and Swahili language will be an added advantage
Method of ApplicationIf you meet the criteria given above and interested in the vacancies, please send an application letter and CV combined in as one PDF document indicating your present employer and position, daytime telephone contact, names and addresses of three referees.
All interviews will be conducted at Amref Health Africa country Office in Dar es Salaam for shortlisted applicants. To be considered, your application must be received by 16.30 HOURS August 07, 2021. The subject line of your job application email should mention the job position that you are applying as it appears in this advertisement. Failure to do that your application may not easily be retrieved.
All correspondences and applications should be emailed to: [email protected] Amref Health Africa is an equal opportunity employer and has a nonsmoking environment policy “Amref Health Africa is committed to the principles of safeguarding in workplace and will not tolerate any form of abuse, wherever it occurs or whoever is responsible” Any Applicant attempting or communicating to the Amref Health Africa Management or Staff through phone calls, sms, text emails and other means will automatically be discqualified from this opportunity. All communications should be channeled to the provided official correspondence email above Amref health Africa –Tanzania regrets that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.