Clinical ART Services Assistant at Amref Health Africa
- Company: Amref Health Africa
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Tanzania Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Healthcare/Medical Jobs in Tanzania
Amref Health Africa in Tanzania is a non-profit public health organization supporting the Government of Tanzania to address public health issues including maternal and child health, HIV, TB, Malaria and Nutrition in Tanzania since 1987. Amref Health Africa in Tanzania is funded by The U.S. President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR) through CDC Tanzania, to execute a robust HIV care and treatment clinical cascade project aiming to accelerate the achievement of the current 95-95-95 goals and the HIV epidemic control in Tanzania. The project branded as Afya Kamilifu Project is implemented in Tanga and Zanzibar since October, 2018, Simiyu Region since 2020. From October 2021 this project will extend its operations to Mara Region covering facility based and community based HIV care and treatment services. Afya Kamilifu project works – in collaboration with and with guidance from the Tanzania Ministry of Health, Community Development, Gender, Elderly and Children, Zanzibar Ministry of health and President’s Office Regions Authority and Local Government (PORALG). That said, Amref Health Africa -Tanzania is announcing the following vacancies to be filled soon:
|Position Title:||Clinical ART Services Assistant (1)|
|Work Station:||Korogwe Office|
|Reports to:||Regional Project Manager|
The Clinical ART Services Assistant will support delivery of comprehensive and quality HIV care and treatment services to achieve the 95-95-95 goals for the HIV epidemic control. S/He will engage and work closely with providers at the facility to support linkage, counseling and retention of clients to ensure continuum of care.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
- Support provision of comprehensive HIV/AIDS care and treatment service according to national guideline and technical assistance to the supported facilities.
- Participate in execution of clinical cascade from the linked HIV Identified cases, adherence counseling and retention in care to facilitating their viral load suppression.
- To assist in development and implementation of weekly, monthly and quarterly plan for ART services
- Support health care providers in collaborate with CHMTs on implementation of HIV care and treatment including same day ART initiation, DSD including MMD/MMS, Community ART and other models according to the National Guidelines
- Participate in mentorship, supportive supervision and clinical guidance to health care providers as needed
- Support and ensure facilities have SOPs and Job Aids useful for provision of quality HIV care and treatment according to the National guidelines and policies
- Participate in meetings/events relevant to the project and provide relevant technical contributions according to the Ministry of Health guidelines and PEPFAR policies
- Collaborate with all other project staff in the related program areas as would be needed
Qualifications, Experience & Skills Required
- Minimum Education: Diploma in Clinical Medicine/Nursing, Advanced Diploma or Bachelor degree in the relevant health-related field is an added advantage.
- Proven critical analysis skills and report writing skills.
- At least 3 years of “hands on experience” in HIV prevention, care and treatment program in resource limited country
- Experience working in public health NGO
- Experience working with Local government and ministry of health
- Good interpersonal and people management skills-a team player and builder
Method of ApplicationIf you meet the criteria given above and interested in the vacancies, please send an application letter and CV combined in as one PDF document indicating your present employer and position, daytime telephone contact, names and addresses of three referees.
All interviews will be conducted at Amref Health Africa country Office in Dar es Salaam for shortlisted applicants. To be considered, your application must be received by 16.30 HOURS August 07, 2021. The subject line of your job application email should mention the job position that you are applying as it appears in this advertisement. Failure to do that your application may not easily be retrieved.
All correspondences and applications should be emailed to: [email protected] Amref Health Africa is an equal opportunity employer and has a nonsmoking environment policy “Amref Health Africa is committed to the principles of safeguarding in workplace and will not tolerate any form of abuse, wherever it occurs or whoever is responsible” Any Applicant attempting or communicating to the Amref Health Africa Management or Staff through phone calls, sms, text emails and other means will automatically be discqualified from this opportunity. All communications should be channeled to the provided official correspondence email above Amref health Africa –Tanzania regrets that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.