Clinical Advisor at THPS
- Company: THPS
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Kigoma
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Healthcare/Medical Jobs in Tanzania
USAID ‘Uhuru Tuberculosis and Family Planning
Facility Solutions’ Activity
Tanzania Health Promotion Support (THPS) is an indigenous NGO established under nongovernmental organization act No 24 of 2002 in 2011. THPS works in partnership with the Ministry of Home Affairs (MoHA), Ministries of Health (MoH) and Presidents Office – Regional Administration and Local Governments (PORALG) and Ministry of Health in Zanzibar with a goal of ensuring accessible high-quality health care services to Tanzanians; through strengthening of health systems for quality health services
THPS is implementing a five years USAID Cooperative Agreement number 72067120CA00004
– Uhuru TB &FP LON Activity, aimed at improving access and use of quality Tuberculosis (TB) and family planning (FP) services for better health outcomes for Tanzanian citizens. The Activity is implemented in Kigoma, Katavi, Rukwa and Songwe regions. THPS therefore is seeking competent, experienced, dynamic and qualified candidates to fill the position below.
Position Title: Clinical Advisor
Reports to: Zonal Project Manager
Position Location: Kigoma, Tanzania
Overall job function
The Tuberculosis and Family Planning Program Officer is responsible for provision of technical support to clinical staffing multidisciplinary teams focusing on TB and integrated reproductive health services including family planning supported by the USAID Uhuru TB and FP Integrated Facility Solutions Activity in Kigoma and Katavi (zone A) regions. Ensures quality service delivery in integrated reproductive health services and TB and multidrug resistant TB prevention, diagnosis and treatment success is achieved in collaboration with regional and district health management teams and supported facility service providers. Extensive travel is expected in all the districts of the assigned regions.
- Provide direct technical assistance to health care facilities supported by the USAID Uhuru TB and FP Integrated Facility Solutions Activity such as; sites assessment and development, training staff in the clinical management of individuals with TB, clinical mentoring, patient flow analysis, improvement of adherence support systems, improvement of referral and linkages systems for TB and reproductive health services etc.
- Assist health care providers at designated points of service in TB case finding and strengthening entry points in order to increase the number of referrals to TB clinics from CTC, RCH, PMTCT, OPD and IPD and outreach services.
- Support implementation of TB treatment adherence strategies in health facilities and linkage to former TB patients’ groups for psychosocial support among newly diagnosed TB clients. Facilitate integration between FP, TB and HIV services and infection control within health facilities.
- Coordinate implementation of integrated reproductive health services and ensures high performance on key indicators for this component of the program
- Conducts comprehensive site supportive supervision visits and provide feedback on successes and areas of improvement with relevant management and unit specific service providers.
- Prepare technical narrative draft reports for timely submission to facilitate regional reporting timelines.
- Conducts data sharing meetings with service providers for improvement and decision making.
- Ensure that all supported clinical care activities at multiple delivery sites conform to the national guidelines and standards.
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned by from time to time.
Qualifications, Experience & Skills required
- Doctor of Medicine degree or a or a higher Diploma in Clinical Medicine (AMO)
- A minimum of three years’ experience in working on TB programming and implementation of reproductive health services.
- Experience in working with PEPFAR and USAID supported programs.
- Substantive knowledge of current best practices in TB and reproductive health programs in Tanzania
- Ability to build strong partnerships with relevant stakeholders at regional and district levels.
- Excellent documentation skills including drafting of reports, presentations and best practices.
- Ability to work under pressure and timely meet deadlines
- Ability to plan, implement independently or in a team
Method of ApplicationInterested applicants should send their application cover letter one page maximum and CV four pages maximum to [email protected] by June 14, 2022 with a subject line of ‘Position’ USAID Uhuru TB & FP LON Activity Clinical Advisor’’. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted. Please do not attach any certificates when submitting online.
THPS is an equal opportunity employer; women, people living with HIV/AIDS and people living with disability are encouraged to apply