Clinic Nurse/counselor at MDH
- Company: MDH
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Kibondo Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Healthcare/Medical Jobs in Tanzania
Management and Development for Health (MDH) is a non-profit, non-governmental organization whose primary aim is to contribute to address public health priorities of the people of Tanzania and the world at large. These priorities include: communicable diseases such as HIV/AIDS, Tuberculosis and Malaria; Reproductive, Maternal, New-born and Child health (RMNCH); Nutrition; Non-Communicable Diseases of public health significance; as well as Health System Strengthening. MDH strongly believes in and works in partnership with various local and global institutions, Ministry of Health, Community Development, Gender, Elderly and Children (MOHCDGEC); President’s Office Regional Authorities and Local Government (PORALG); donor agencies; academic and non-academic institutions; implementing partners; civil society, community-based and faith-based organizations and others
In this regard MDH now invites applications from suitable, qualified and skilled persons to fill the following available vacancies.
MDH in collaboration with Ilala, Temeke, Kinondoni, Kigamboni and Ubungo Municipal Councils invites suitable candidates to apply for the following posts under the Council Directors.
Job Title: CLINIC NURSE/COUNSELOR (01 Position)
WORK STATION: Kigamboni Municipal Council
REPORTS TO: Health Facility In-charge
The HIV/AIDS nurse counselor requires extensive, current knowledge of the symptoms and treatment of HIV and AIDS infections, the methods by which the virus is (and is not) transmitted and prevention measures. HIV/AIDS counselors must enjoy working with other people, have a compassionate nature and be good listeners. A broad knowledge of diverse cultural beliefs and attitudes is often necessary when working with diverse populations.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Adhering to nursing ethics as punctuality and cleanliness etc.
- Ensuring that patients receive appropriate clinical care during a clinic visit, including scheduled or unscheduled physician examination and laboratory test.
- Educating patients in all aspects of HIV disease and treatment management, as well as basic health lifestyles.
- Counseling patients with regard to HIV diagnosis, management of medications, medication and clinic visit adherence, psychosocial issues, and basic health self-care.
- Counseling and educating family members and care givers to promote secondary prevention of HIV infection, to improve the care of patients with HIV, and to strengthen social support networks of patients.
- Accurate and complete documentation of patient information and patient encounters in the patient medical record.
- Assisting patients to connect with other resources through the referral network.
- Assisting the physician in the provision of clinical care for patients.
- Doing any other duty as assigned by the nurse supervisor, site manager and OPD nurse officer in-charge.
Qualification and Work Experience:
Nurse Counselor should have at least a diploma in Nursing and must have a valid practice license; he/she should have an experience of 3 years in the field of expertise.
Method of ApplicationInterested candidates should submit their application letters, CVs, Certified photocopies of certificates, names and contact information (email addresses and telephone numbers) of two referees. Applications should be submitted by 04 December, 2020 to the SHRO, Dar es Salaam Sub-grantee through e-mail
[email protected] or drop by hand at MDH HQ, Dar es Salaam, Tanzania; Mikocheni area (B) 802 Mwai Kibaki road near New Regency Park Hotel. Please note:
1. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- No Applicant is supposed to pay any fee at whatever stage of the recruitment process.