Client liaison and Fleet Planning Assistant at Alistar
- Company: Alistar
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Dar Es Salaam Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Tanzania
Are you a goal-oriented, driven individual who enjoys communicating with people? Do you swim against the stream and question things? Do you have experience with taking a fast-growing business to greater heights? Are you looking for an environment that challenges you into becoming your best you? If yes, then you might be perfect for our Client Liaison role!
Hours: Monday to Friday plus alternate Saturday mornings
General Leadership / Management Responsibilities-:
- Serve as the liaison between the Fleet teams and other support function, and work closely with department managers to understand and meet their needs.
- Collaborate with division and department leaders; prepare and implement strategic long-range plans and forecast for space, operational, maintenance and equipment requirements; assist in the preparation, coordination and control of the capital improvement budget for Alistair.
- Develop and manage department goals, objectives, policies, and procedures; recommend modifications as deemed appropriate and hold team and others accountable.
- Provide oversight and leadership to direct reports. Set direction, evaluate performance, and align necessary resources to develop, motivate and inspire the team to achieve high results with a quest for continuous improvement.
- Maintain detailed cost management records and continually review the profitability of fleet and facilities.
- Conduct quality control and safety inspections of facilities, fleet and equipment; ensure adherence to safe work procedures.
- Attend and participate in professional group meetings; maintain awareness of new trends and developments in the industry; incorporate new developments to provide a competitive advantage.
- Manage the Organization’s fleet management program, including acquisition, leasing, utilization, preventative maintenance, repair and replacement of vehicle and equipment fleet.
- Promote a return-on-investment strategy for assets that includes creative revenue streams and detailed cost management.
- Participate in annual budget development for staffing, maintenance contracts, vehicles, equipment, materials, and supplies; monitors and approves expenditures.
- Approve or decline Manual purchase orders raised
- Maintain records to track vehicle registrations, titles, etc by supervising Compliance officers
- Perform other duties as assigned or requested by leadership.
Client Liaison Responsibilities-:
- Prepare and distribute work detailed monthly, quarterly and yearly reports to clients.
- Provide required information and documents to clients.
- Be the main point of contact for all Alistair Group clients
- Provide support and assistance to other management teams.
- Confirm invoices prior to being sent out to respective clients
- Provide feedback to management on areas of improvements and recommend implementation of enhanced processes.
- Monitor client satisfaction through follow up on solving client issues and problems.
- Initiate measures to research and resolve client raised issues and collaborate with clients to identify and implement value-added services.
- Supervise Assistant client liaisons
- Follow up with relevant vendors providing trip-related services to ensure the unimpeded running of trips
- including Clearing agents, loading supervisors/warehouses, offloading supervisors/warehouses
- Leadership skills to motivate and inspire team members
- Clear communication skills ensuring clear and candid information
- Strong management skills ensuring efficient use of resources
- Computer Literacy to effectively operate and manipulate online management systems
- Faultless administration skills ensuring accurate and efficient procedures
- Problem solving skills to ensure obstacle to progress are overcome
- A minimum of University Graduate Degree in any relevant discipline or equivalent vocational experience in Transport / Logistics service support
- LEAN SIX SIGMA (Desirable)
- Project Management (Desirable)
- Business Management (Desirable)
- Safety Management (Desirable)
Alistair Group is a fast-growing company offering Logistics solutions in Eastern and Southern Africa, growing from 2 to 400 trucks in only 13 years with a vision ‘To be known as the company that makes Africa work better’
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 8th June, 2021.