Clerk 1 – Warehouse at Geita Gold Mining Ltd
- Company: Geita Gold Mining Ltd
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Geita
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Geita Gold Mining Ltd Jobs in Tanzania - Logistics/Transportation Jobs in Tanzania
ABOUT GEITA GOLD MINING LTD
Geita Gold Mining Ltd (GGML) is Tanzania’s leading gold producer with a single operation in Geita Region. The company is a subsidiary of AngloGold Ashanti, an international gold producer headquartered in South Africa, with operations in more than ten countries, in four continents. The mine is situated in the Lake Victoria Gold fields of Northwestern Tanzania, only about 85 km’s from Mwanza City and 20 km’s South East of the nearest point of Lake Victoria. The company has its head office in Geita, only 5 Km’s west of the fast-growing town of Geita, and also a supporting office in Dar es Salaam. Applications are invited from ambitious, energetic and performance driven individuals to fill in vacant position(s) mentioned below:
Position: Clerk 1 – Warehouse
Contract type & Duration: Fixed Term Contract (1 Year)
Department: Supply Chain
Reporting to: Supervisor – Warehouse
Number of Positions: Three (3)
PURPOSE OF THE ROLE:
The role is responsible for physical, controlling daily receiving of the company’s stocks, unloading deliveries, verification, proper arrangement on transferring materials and forwarding the same to satellite Warehouses, storing, issuing, handling documents, record keeping and maintaining stock accuracy as directed by the immediate Supervisor. Responsible for daily Safety activities and housekeeping activities as directed by the immediate Supervisor.
Minimum Certificate of Secondary Education (CSEE) with:
- Certificate in Materials Management or,
- Diploma in Supply Chain Management / Materials Managements / Logistics
- At least 2 years’ working experience in the Supply Chain
- Self-Motivated and can work under minimum Supervision.
- Possession of driving license and experience in Warehouse will be an added advantage
MAIN OR KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES:
- Checking properly the items with at staging area in comparison with GRN then bringing the same properly
- Conduct perpetual and annual stock take as directed
- Housekeeping in the Warehouse
- Picking the items from staging area and forwarding them in the bin locations
- Proper binning, stacking, and storing of material in the Warehouse
- Print pick list from SAP (Systems Application and Products in Data Processing) ERP Systems, issuing items to End User and posting the issuing slip into SAP
- Confirming the items descriptions and quantities against the GRN (Goods Received Note) and proper handling of materials from Central Receiving Warehouse to Satellite Warehouses; then transporting same to Satellite Warehouses.
- Checking the inabilities and reporting same to Supervisor
- Identifying potentials stock-out and reporting to the Supervisor
- Managing daily, weekly, and monthly stock count (cycle count)
- Identifying Non – conforming items and damaged ones and then reporting them to Supervisor.
- Conducting annual stock take as directed
- Offloading delivery trucks, tallying and confirming deliveries
- Consignment verification, identifying substandard delivered materials
- Be safety conscious and ability to clean the Warehouse after every work (housekeeping)
- Able to make reasonable decisions.
- Physically fit
- Must have good written and oral communication skills in English Language
- Ability to show initiative and coordination skills and be able to interact with a team
- Ability to maintain composure under stressful situations and conflicting priorities.
- Computer Skills – (Excel and word skills)
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 24th February , 2022.