Clearing & Forwarding Government Liaison Officer at Alistair Group
- Company: Alistair Group
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Dar Es Salaam Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Tanzania
Alistair Group makes our clients’ businesses work better in Africa by self-delivering integrated logistics solutions.
Hours: Monday to Friday plus alternate Saturdays
A versatile problem solver who likes to work with clients, internal and external, to make their lives easier and their businesses more profitable. A tenacious individual with the ability to communicate with government authorities and suchlike.
What makes you the right person for this role?
Our values resonate with you – Humility, Honesty, Continual Improvement, Customer Focus & Safety.
You enjoy working in an agile team and have the ability to work independently, take initiative and ownership on projects. You are solutions-oriented and keen to build a world-class solution offering the best possible customer experience
- Degree in Clearing and Forwarding or any related.
- A minimum of 1 year of experience in Clearing & Forwarding for Local Imports, border clearing, and transit goods.
- Ability to maintain good working relationships with all stakeholders in the field.
- Good interpersonal relations and communication skills.
- Flexible in work habits and schedules, ready to work for longer hours when required.
- Must have knowledge of government procedures & customs laws relating to imports, exports, and transit goods for air, sea, and road freight cargo.
- Possess a high degree of integrity, honesty, and confidentiality.
- Fluent English and Kiswahili
To work as part of a team in the clearing & forwarding department and function as a Government Liaison Officer.
Clearing & Forwarding Government Liaison Officer – Tanzania Job Vacancy at Alistair Group
Accountabilities & Responsibility Areas
- Tracking shipments, updating our database on arrival information and ensuring correct shipping documentation is in place in advance.
- Undertake all declaration procedures for imports and exports
- Application of IDFs (Import Declaration Form)
- Advice the management on correct and most preferred course of action to overcome technicalities that may arise in declaration or clearing operations
- Bonds management and cancellation procedures
- Follow up correspondence between various statutory bodies and other parties
- Obtain customs release for exports and truck border consignment
- Ensure correct use of Tanzania Revenue Authority Tariffs
- Ensure that correct values are used during declaration and other related procedures to avoid losses that may accrue as a result of penalties.
- Establish and maintain a working relationship with customs office
- Perform any other relevant duties that may be assigned by the supervisor within the scope of the position.
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 13th October, 2022.