Claims Assistance at Britam
- Company: Britam
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Dar Es Salaam Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Tanzania
The job holder will be responsible for assisting in processing and payment of general insurance claims.
- Receive claims notification, acknowledge, register and process as per the insurance policy in place
- Advice claimants regarding basic matters about their insurance coverage in relation to the insurance claim.
- Review documents and pertinent requirements regarding an insurance claim and check completeness and if and complies with the documentary requirements of an insurance claim
- Respond to both internal and external claims inquiries concerning benefits, claims process, service providers, and the filing/completion of proper forms
- Record all claims transactions
- Proactive communication and feedback provision to clients/intermediaries on claims progress registers.
- Appointment of service providers and close follow up on their delivery.
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned from time to time.
Key Performance Measures
- Claims turnaround time
- Cost savings
- Compliance claims SLA
- Customer satisfaction index
• Accountable to the Claims Manager
• Required to liaise and work closely with the other departments as may be necessary
• Britam customers
• Insurance sector players
Knowledge, experience and qualifications required
- Bachelor’s degree (insurance option preferred)
- Professional qualification in Insurance (Certificate CII)
- At least one year experience in the insurance industry
- Experience in customer, market and competitor understanding
- Knowledge of insurance regulatory requirements
- Knowledge of Britam products
- Learning and Researching: Rapidly learns new tasks and commits information to memory quickly; demonstrates an immediate understanding of newly presented information; gathers comprehensive information to support decision making at management level; learns from successes and failures and seeks colleague and customer feedback.
- Working with People: Shows respect for the views and contributions of other team members; shows empathy; listens, supports and cares for others; consults others and shares information and expertise with them; builds team spirit and reconciles conflict; adapts to the team and fits in well.
- Applying Expertise and Technology: Applies specialist and technical expertise; uses technology to achieve work objectives; develops job knowledge and expertise (theoretical and practical) through continual professional development; demonstrates an understanding of different organisational departments and functions.
- Delivering Results and Meeting Customer Expectations: Focuses on customer needs and satisfaction; exhibits high standards for quality and quantity; monitors and maintains own quality and productivity; works in a systematic, methodical and orderly way; consistently achieves projects goals.
- Following Instructions and Procedures: Follows procedures and policies; keeps to schedules; arrives punctually for work and meetings; demonstrates commitment to the organisation; complies with legal obligations and safety requirements of the role.
- Adhering to Principles and Values: Upholds ethics and values; demonstrates integrity; accepts diversity; display individual responsibility towards the community and the environment; models the organisational values during every day interactions.
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 7th July, 2021.