Civil Society Technical Lead – (Proposal) at Abt Associates
- Company: Abt Associates
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Dar Es Salaam Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Engineering Jobs in Tanzania
Solving the world’s most pressing issues and improving the quality of life for people worldwide is what we do every day at Abt Associates. Creating a more equitable world is no small task, but we are driven by big challenges.
We are a team of 3,000+ people in over 50 countries working in unison and focused on the bigger picture. Only by sharing our commitment, energy, and innovation do we affect change and push the boundaries of what’s possible. We welcome diverse ideas, backgrounds, and viewpoints – joining Abt means access to exceptional thinkers at the top of their game.
To thrive at Abt is to embrace flexibility and collaboration. Our open culture allows you to balance your work and personal life as needed to optimize personal well-being. Creating a more equitable world starts from within – we look after people around the world, and we’ll do the same for you.
Ready to embrace rewarding and meaningful work? Now’s your chance.
The WAJIBIKA programme aims to support the development of a more open, inclusive society in Tanzania enabling the government to demonstrate greater accountability to the needs of its citizens.
The programme will deliver this impact via three strategic outcomes
i. Effective civic space and political inclusion
ii. Media freedom and access to information, and
iii. Government service delivery
These outcomes will be delivered through the following programme components:
Effective Civic Space and Political Inclusion
- Restrictive legislation/regulation is challenged with inputs from CSOs/FBOs
- Increased evidence of improved CSO’s governance, coordination, evidence generation and engagement with GoT to improve the quality of policy making
- FBOs/CBO strengthened to promote inclusive politics and processes.
- Women-led coalitions strengthened to advocate for gender inclusive civic space
Media Freedom and Access to Information
- Strengthened institutional/advocacy capacity of key media organizations.
- Strengthened use of digital space to promote access to factual information.
Governance Innovation Fund
- Flexible, tactical short-term support to increase influence and catalyse changes where the political will and conditions exist.
Technical assistance to the GoT to provide enhanced knowledge and capacity within GoT towards democratic values and improved service delivery.
The civil society lead will work as part of the core programme management team based in Dar es Salam and will have the responsibility for successful delivery of component 1 of the programme, outlined above.
- Development of workplans and implementation schedules for delivery of component 1;
- Provision of support to overall core management and technical decision making;
- Development of engagement strategies for civil society organisations and responsibility for successful delivery of the strategy;
- Support to other component technical leads and team leadership to develop cohesive programme plans and activity prioritisation;
- Development and successful implementation of communication strategy for component 1 that builds on broader programme activities and includes government, donor and other actors where necessary;
- Design, oversight, quality assurance and risk management of all technical work carried out under component 1;
- Relationship management by working with various civil society organisations and government institutions
- Act as part of the overall programme management senior management team;
- Provide the Team Leader and Deputy with regular component reporting and updates where requested;
- Developing internal and external communications and insights briefings and materials.
What We Value
- The candidate must have established and demonstratively successful connections across Tanzanian civil society that has included capacity strengthening, proposal identification and development and strategic government engagement or influencing.
- Effective and practical communication skills across a range of actors and situations;
- Strong negotiation, arbitration and facilitation skills;
- Ability to broker relationships, navigate difficult reform spaces and identify opportunities for change and progress;
- A demonstrate commitment to working with women’s groups as well as broader gender equity issues;
- Creative and entrepreneurial mind set to identify or create change and engagement opportunities;
- Established experience and understanding of civil society engagement and strengthening agenda both within the Tanzanian context as well as global changes and thinking.
What We Offer
We foster an environment where you can Thrive Your Way. Our innovative total rewards programs are designed to help balance your work and personal life. The approach toward your wellbeing centers around comprehensive benefits and professional development.
Abt Associates is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer committed to fostering a diverse workforce. Abt Associates provides market-competitive salaries and comprehensive employee benefits. Local candidates strongly encouraged to apply.
Disclaimer: Abt Associates will never ask candidates for money in exchange for an offer of employment.
Abt Associates values individuality and celebrates difference with a strong commitment to diversity, equality, racial equity, gender, and disability inclusion. We strongly encourage people from culturally and linguistically diverse communities and Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people to apply for this position. We offer flexible work arrangements and a culturally safe environment for staff members from diverse racial and ethnic backgrounds.
We are deeply committed to safeguarding, to protect and prevent harm and abuse to individuals we work for and who work for us. Our recruitment and selection procedures reflect our commitment to protecting children and vulnerable adults from abuse and exploitation. We will not tolerate discrimination, harassment, child abuse, sexual abuse or exploitation in any form, and expect everyone to be treated with respect and dignity.
Abt is committed to creating a safe and inclusive work environment. All offers of employment will be subject to appropriate background checks, which can include criminal records and terrorism finance checks. Abt Associates also participates in the Misconduct Disclosure Scheme. In line with this Scheme, we will request information from job applicants’ previous employers about any findings of sexual exploitation, sexual abuse and/or sexual harassment during employment, or incidents under investigation when the applicant left employment. By submitting an application, the job applicant confirms their understanding of these recruitment procedures.
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 15th November, 2023.