Civil Engineer x4 at TARURA
- Company: TARURA
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Arusha & Moshi Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Engineering Jobs in Tanzania
Tanzania Rural and Urban Roads Agency (TARURA) is an Executive Agency of the President’s Office, Regional Administration and Local Government (PO-RALG), established under section 3 (1) of the Executive Agencies Act (Cap. 245 by Order published in Government Notice No. 211 dated May 12, 2017; and was inaugurated on July 02, 2017. Tanzania Rural and Urban Roads Agency (TARURA) is vested with the responsibility of managing the development, rehabilitation, maintenance, axle load control, environmental and road reserve management of rural and urban roads network for the socio-economic development of Tanzania.
The Chief Executive Officer intends to recruit self-motivated, qualified and competent Tanzanians to fill the following vacant post for a period of twelve (12) months.
1.0 Position Title: Civil Engineer Il (4 Posts)
Duty Station: (Arumeru District, Arusha District, Monduli District and Ngorongoro District).
Education / Professional Qualifications
A National Form IV [VI Certificate.
- Holders of Bachelor in Civil Engineering, Environment Engineering or equivalent qualification from a recognized institution and has been registered with Engineers Registration Board (ERB) as a Professional Engineer.
- The candidates must be Computer literate.
- Experience in Road Construction and Maintenance activities will be an added advantage.
Fluent in both Kiswahili and English.
- Must be a Tanzanian citizen.
Age limit: Not above 45 years of Age. Salary: According to TARURA Scale Duties and Responsibilities:
To prepare cost effective designs of Urban or Village roads infrastructure. ii. To keep road construction design records for the TARURA Agency.
iii. To develop an economical construction approach to be used during the roads construction stage, iv. To carry out engineering traffic and economic studies for the maintenance and improvement of the road network;
To establish, maintain and update road management systems; vi. To undertake procurement and management of contracts for design, maintenance, emergency repairs, spot improvements, rehabilitation, upgrading and construction of roads; vii. To establish and operate weigh bridges and enforce axle load control in the rural and urban roads network; viii. To undertake research relating to development and maintenance of road activities; ix. To designs Urban or Village road projects and ensure that roads constructed are safe and adequate;
- To assist in preparation of tender documents for procurement of Works contractors. xi. To undertake road inventory, condition and traffic count survey; xii. To supervise contractor at site and force account operations; xiii. To attend regular site meetings and prepare minutes; xiv. To Manage quality control of maintenance of roads, bridge and construction materials, xv. To prepare TARURA road and bridge maintenance plans and budgets; xvi. To Manage road reserve areas, xvii, To assess abnormal road maintenance needs at problem locations and advice accordingly; xviii. To assist in the development and monitoring of the Agency’s quality assurance procedures as they affect road maintenance; xix. To perform such other related duties as may be assigned by Supervisor
Method of ApplicationAll interested applicants are invited to apply and submit their handwritten application letters to the under — mentioned address not later than 12th September, 2023 with their complete CVs; copies of all certificates; birth certificate; names of three referees one of whom should be a former employer; applicants contact telephone number and postal address. Applicants are reminded to quote the correct reference number of advert in their application letters. Only the short-listed candidates will be contacted for interview.
Applicants who have worked with Public Institutions but have unsatisfactory previous records indicating poor performance and found guilty with disciplinary offences shall not be considered and any misrepresentation of such fact shall be subjected to legal measures.
Deadline for submission is 12th September, 2023 at 17.00HRS.
This is to insist that:
TARURA is an equal opportunity employer, but, women are highly encouraged to apply.
APPLICATION LETTERS SHOULD BE POSTED TO THE FOLLOWING ADDRESS,
TANZANIA URBAN ROADS AGENCY, (TARURA), P.O. BOX 1970, ARUSHA.
E mail address: [email protected]