Civil Engineer at Tarura
- Company: Tarura
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Kigoma
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Engineering Jobs in Tanzania
Position Title: CIVIL ENGINEER II (1 POST)
Duty Station: TARURA (Material Laboratory – Kigoma MC)
- A National Form IV/VI certificate
- Holders of Bachelor Degree in Civil Engineering, Environment Engineering or equivalent qualifications from a recognized institution and has been registered with Engineers Registration Board (ERB) as a Professional Engineer.
- The candidate must be Computer literate and use his/her expertise to produce specifications for design, process and apply materials effectively.
- Fluent in both Kiswahili and English language.
- Must be a Tanzanian Citizen
Work Experience: Not less than 3 years in Material Laboratories.
Age Limit: Not above 45 years of Age.
Salary: According to TARURA salary scale.
Duties and Responsibilities;
- To assist in preparation of tender documents for procurement of Works contractors.
- To undertake road inventory, condition and traffic count survey;
- To supervise contractor at site and force account operations;
- To attend regular site meetings and prepare minutes:
- To Manage quality control of maintenance of roads, bridge and construction materials,
- To prepare TARURA road and bridge maintenance plans and budgets;
- To assess emergency works recommend appropriate intervention and cost;
- To perform such other related duties as may be assigned by supervisor.
Method of ApplicationAll interested applicants are invited to apply and submit their handwritten application letters to Regional Coordinator, Tanzania Rural and Urban Roads Agency, P. 0. BOX 140, KIGOMA or through email [email protected] not later than 29/10/2021 with their complete CVs; copies of all certificates; birth certificate; names of three referees one of whom a former employer; applicant’s contact telephone number and postal address. Applicants are reminded to quote the correct reference number of the advert in their application letter.
Only the shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Applicants who have worked with public institutions but have unsatisfactory previous records indicating poor performance and found guilty with disciplinary offences shall not be considered and any misrepresentation of such fact shall be subjected to legal measures.
Deadline for submission is 29/10/2021 at 16.00 Hrs. This is to insist that: TARURA is an equal opportunity employer; Women are highly encouraged to apply.